CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

heisenberg

3rd June 2016, 12:27
This is tortuous. I've cold-solved about 70% of the clues but am making slow progress with grid construction.

Does the second part of 1D move to the bottom of the grid? I am struggling with the SW corner.
81 of 85  -   Report This Post

binks

3rd June 2016, 13:02
Heisenberg, I'll resist any comments about being uncertain.
You are right. 1d is one of the 12 answers that has to be modified. In this case a word is inserted so the last four letters are at the bottom of column 1. You'll need to get the theme to see what is going on but if you look through other messages here there are plenty of hints and it's a nice moment when you spot it.
82 of 85  -   Report This Post

binks

3rd June 2016, 13:12
Thanks PKD, I got there from your hint. I hadn't heard of that other sort of nose or the symmetrically corresponding adjective form but you must be right.
That frees up the 2 bars I wanted to use to make a NEATer fit.
A tough finish to an already tough Listener.
83 of 85  -   Report This Post

heisenberg

3rd June 2016, 13:14
Thanks. I stumbled upon the theme from the two relevant down clues. Since my last post I tried what you've now said is the right split of 1D and I'm most of the way there.
84 of 85  -   Report This Post

meursault

5th June 2016, 22:13
Leary - funny how such a fraudulent numpty has become popular with the Knightsbridge classes. Next they'll be telling you all about their acid trips...God forbid...
85 of 85  -   Report This Post