CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

meursault

29th May 2016, 15:13
Sounds like a sensible option, Planks. The 3rd down clue has 'R' in the modern term for a group of angry Greek goddesses, originally 'Erinyes', the whole thing being the plural of a Cornish festival.
21 of 85  -   Report This Post

barretter

29th May 2016, 15:29
Dylan, it was me who suggested SOT but I might be wrong. I can't see where to fit it either and I share your problem with EONS.
22 of 85  -   Report This Post

cockie

29th May 2016, 15:51
Just a thought -if EONS is interpreted as E over NS then it can be
entered as ENS, which fits row 2. Doesn't help with row 3 though. I am puzzled by "a source that will become evident". Like mersault I have only a handful of clues to solve, but evidentness there aint.
23 of 85  -   Report This Post

barretter

29th May 2016, 16:13
Given that the clues are "in conventional order" I assumed that EONS had to fit at the top of column 2. No?
24 of 85  -   Report This Post

woodlouse

29th May 2016, 16:33
Indian leaves corrupt boss reflecting (5)
25 of 85  -   Report This Post

planks

29th May 2016, 17:57
Thanks for the pointer meursault, I've had a much more productive afternoon in the garden than I would have done doing the crossword. Despite being from the West Country, I had never heard of that particular festival.
26 of 85  -   Report This Post

meursault

30th May 2016, 09:05
Looking again this morning, I see that the bottom 3 rows might be started with B, L, E : 'ABLE' from 1D seems to cause problems where I originally put it, maybe there is some mileage in getting rid of it from there...
27 of 85  -   Report This Post

barretter

30th May 2016, 10:56
So I suppose 1dn might start DIS which would make a space for SOT (if that's correct) but still leaves the 2 dn problem. These are mere hypotheses as I'm still a long way from solving all the clues.
28 of 85  -   Report This Post

pkd

30th May 2016, 11:16
Just an idea (I'm way off this) - remove A from 2 across and add TUNE to get a new word, remove ABLE from 1 down and add STRAIN to get a new word - both added bits are synonyms of music (Three steps to heaven song)??
29 of 85  -   Report This Post

aspria

30th May 2016, 11:51
does anyone who's finished this agree that to get 56 bars a 5 letter word in the top right Hand corner has to included that does not appear in Chambers but is confirmed as existing by the Internet in connection with a slang word for what might be the result of eating bad Food (so as not to give anything away)
30 of 85  -   Report This Post