CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jonel

13th October 2015, 16:56
Hi Twinsnan , thanks very much for your help.

Now I know why everyone else got the answer :-)

I knew I was missing something......... a brain !!

Thanks again.
171 of 195  -   Report This Post

haeremai18

13th October 2015, 17:01
Mine is now in the post so fingers crossed. Never got 100% yet but there is always a first time. Found this one of the easier quizzes but probably because there were more anagrams than usual (I think) and of course the help I have been given. So au revoir my friends til the next time.
172 of 195  -   Report This Post

twinsnan

13th October 2015, 18:28
Jonel. We all get stuck on 'easy' ones, l am a perfect example of that. Haeraemaii l will send mine off in the next couple of days. I agree it was easier this time with more anagrams. I am glad for people like a friend of mine who actually introduced me to the quizzes 16 years ago. She is in her late 80s and does not have a computer, does it all from reference books and her own wonderful brain. When she sends if off she often comments that she thinks it must be easier for people with computers.....she is disabled and cannot get out to reference library. I do think that Nevill and Marion may have put in more anagrams for people like her. Done now, will copy it out carefully and hope for the best. For people asking for similar quizzes you could email either of the quizzers, l remember a couple of years ago Marian talking about a Christmas quiz. See you all next time.
173 of 195  -   Report This Post

chasm

14th October 2015, 10:39
Hi anotheray
Thank you for your help, I have now completed my answers with 29 answers with more than one "w" hopefully in the right places.

174 of 195  -   Report This Post

chasm

14th October 2015, 10:43
Hi anotheray,
Sorry for the finger trouble, it should be 20 not 29.
175 of 195  -   Report This Post

rmleake

15th October 2015, 14:29
I am only missing number 29 and would appreciate some guidance please. ' ......so forcibly remove the unruly youngster ' .
176 of 195  -   Report This Post

winnie

15th October 2015, 21:33
Hi rmleake re 29
Work on the first three words.For 'forcibly' think of a four letter word for rip beginning with t . Then find another four letter word for remove. eg take '----'. The resulting word is a word for a hooligan youngster.
Hope this helps
177 of 195  -   Report This Post

rmleake

15th October 2015, 22:56
Thanks Winnie, was trying to fit LOUT on the end . Finished now.
178 of 195  -   Report This Post

loobylooby

22nd October 2015, 18:45
Hi all and good luck. I am totally stuck on no.12. Sailor gets money back from well-known thief, can only think of Raffles and Ronnie Biggs ! Aiso no 23 Dog, a matchless sort of boxer. Could matchless be A1??? Help appreciated.
179 of 195  -   Report This Post

winnie

22nd October 2015, 21:30
Hi Loobylooby re
12. Find a 4 letter word for sailor and then think of a word for a bundle of notes - turn this word round (back). The thief is not a person but a bird that is renowned for thieving
23. There is an earlier clue on this thread for this. Dog = another word for follow or pursue, The boxer is not a dog, it is a sport.
Hope this helps.
180 of 195  -   Report This Post