CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

twinsnan

11th October 2015, 18:36
Haeremae18. Big groan from me prematurely, counted again and you were right, had missed one. So it is done. Will not send it right away, need a few days away from it or l will do what l have done before and make silly spelling mistakes - so many times l have lost out on a couple of points, once just half a mark, for spelling errors. Many thanks again. Raids.
161 of 195  -   Report This Post

nocando

11th October 2015, 18:36
my grandfather used to say "there's no such thing as strangers, only friends you haven't met before" I would like to thank all my 'friends' on this forum for the tips, hints and additional clues supplied during this quiz, often we don't know each others gender, nationality, skin colour or religious persuasion, not that any of these matter, but we all work together for the good of the nominated charities, the stimulation of our grey matter and the increase of our knowledge, roll on the next one and until then, keep healthy.

P.S. does anyone know of any similar quizzes I could take part in.
162 of 195  -   Report This Post

twinsnan

11th October 2015, 18:37
I meant regards of course, talk about going out on a whimper!!
163 of 195  -   Report This Post

haeremai18

11th October 2015, 18:53
Not sure Nocando about other quizzes as I too would be interested. Need to keep the old grey matter ticking over. Let me know if you hear of anything and vice versa.
164 of 195  -   Report This Post

haeremai18

11th October 2015, 18:56
Twinsnan - regards to you too. These iPads have a mind of their own when typing and unless you check carefully, you never know what might appear. Just as well we don't actually use an iPad to send in the answers as goodness knows what results we would get!
165 of 195  -   Report This Post

chasm

12th October 2015, 15:20
The 2 animals in No 21 need to form a compound, there is a second three letter animal which does this, hope this helps.
My ancient brain is reeling as I still have not solved No 7(12) about a songster. No 43(9,4) for the writer of the book about Hazel. No 59 (6,5) about peace movements of the '60,s. and No 75(8) regarding drinking bouts. In spite of the clues already
given. Further help would be appreciated so that I can start worrying about the number of questions having more than one w.
166 of 195  -   Report This Post

chasm

12th October 2015, 15:29
My message above was intended to help twinsnan, but any helpful suggestions from anyone would be appreciated
167 of 195  -   Report This Post

anotheray

12th October 2015, 15:57
Hi CHASM
Number 7 is an American bird
Number 43 the author is Richard Adams, Hazel is a rabbit
Number 59 if you're going to San Francisco
Number 75 I always thought these were Christmas Carols
Hope these help, and doesn't confuse you further
good luck
168 of 195  -   Report This Post

jonel

13th October 2015, 12:44
Hi folks,

We are nearly there but could do with some help on Number 79 please.

I haven't seen any mention of no. 79 so I must be missing something that is obvious to everyone else :-/

169 of 195  -   Report This Post

twinsnan

13th October 2015, 14:11
79. Without making it too easy, last 3 letters of one word, first 3 letters of the next word.
170 of 195  -   Report This Post