CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

haeremai18

11th October 2015, 09:42
Oh Winnie, what have you done with no 76. The clue/answer you give is what I initially had but if I use it and not the one beginning and ending in S, I must have something wrong elsewhere as it means I now only have 19 answers with two Ws!!!!! O me miserum!!!!
151 of 195  -   Report This Post

winnie

11th October 2015, 09:44
Good morning anotheray - yes it is good fun and why not, we are all enjoying the quiz together and supporting a very worth while charity as well. It's good that we do it with good heart.
152 of 195  -   Report This Post

winnie

11th October 2015, 09:51
Morning haeremai18. Try this, see if it helps. I have 5 multi w's on page 1, 8 on page 2 and 7 on page 3.
153 of 195  -   Report This Post

haeremai18

11th October 2015, 10:46
Good morning Winnie and it is good as the sun is shining. However not quite so good with multiple Ws! As with you, I have 5 on page 1, 7 on page 2 and 8 on page 3 which of course includes No.76 which has the word beginning and ending with S which I now know is wrong. Re p2, my multiple Ws are nos 36, 40, 43, 49, 54, 59, 62 & 70. So dear Winnie which of those 8 numbers doesn't have two Ws please and hopefully I can then get the final clue and put the quiz to bed??!!
154 of 195  -   Report This Post

haeremai18

11th October 2015, 11:51
Winnie hello again. Please totally ignore my last message. Too many glasses of wine (if only) last night!! Couldn't count properly. All sorted so going to finish off now, dot the i's and cross the t's and send it off. Thanks again, as usual for all your help and see you the next time round. And yes, it is good fun having banter with all the lovely forum members!
155 of 195  -   Report This Post

twinsnan

11th October 2015, 13:44
Going very quiet on here.....am l the only one not finished? still dithering about 76, mine begins and ends in S, contains 2 W or do l lap it up? Must make a decision. Also the wretched compound 21, l know it is staring me in the face but.....help please so l can start counting and see if it is ready to go. It has been fun although l joined late again this year, nearly always abroad when they come out. Thanks to dear friends for helping out and apart from the two l have just asked about l can sign off. Glass of wine or three to celebrate when that happens!!
156 of 195  -   Report This Post

haeremai18

11th October 2015, 15:15
Hi Twinsnan. I think you need to lap it up for no. 76 in order to have the correct amount of double Ws as indicated by Winnie in a previous message! Re no.21, the answer is two animals joined together one of which is the clue for no, 54. The full word is and I quote " gives you access to the world's facts and data etc etc". Hope that helps?
157 of 195  -   Report This Post

anotheray

11th October 2015, 16:33
It's a lovely Sunday afternoon where I am.
Sounds as if you have all completed this Rainbow Quiz.
I would like to add my thanks to all who have contributed to the answers.
As I have previously said, it has been great fun together with the banter amongst you all, my dear friends.
There is no need to send your entries in yet - we still have till the end of next month, but don't forget to send it in with a donation to the worthy charity it is all about..
I have read elsewhere of the criticisms of additional clues being given to answers to this quiz, but I feel the correspondence has added to the nature of the quiz, and indeed added hopefully to the number of entrants, which also means more contributions to the charity.
In closing , let us not forget the wonderful organisers of this and so many previous quizzes, for their excellent work - thankyou so much Neville and Marian.
I eagerly await the next one
158 of 195  -   Report This Post

twinsnan

11th October 2015, 17:40
Haeraemai 18 Thank you so much for that. I have just done the first count and have the following multiples...page 1 5. Page 2 8 and page 3 ..6. Does that sound like what the rest of you have got? Please say yes!!!! Like we have all said, it is only down to the wonderful Rainbow stars that we have this great quiz twice a year and can all help each other out on here. I know we have many critics but we do not - or very rarely- give away the actual answer, just excellent clues. Therefore more money for whichever charity they choose each time. So thanks Winnie, Haeremai18, Nocando and others for the help and fun. Here's to the next one. I will probably be away when it comes out again although if l have time l can start it online over there, but if l am a late starter l know where to come for help. So nice that we are not made to feel absolute simpletons when we cannot get what appear to be such easy answers. As Chris Tarrant famously said years ago, it's only easy when you know the answer!! I may have replaced my iPad by then which will save me a lot of stress....how I have not brown it out of the window this last week l do not know! Let me know if my numbers are wrong please someone. Happy quizzing to you all.
159 of 195  -   Report This Post

haeremai18

11th October 2015, 17:55
Hello Twinsnan. Been a lovely day here too. At the risk of giving you a heart attack re the number of two Ws on pages, as Winnie mentioned earlier, as you rightly said p1=5; p2=8 but you say only 6 for p3 which when I was at school hundreds of years ago, added up to 19, not 20 as is the correct figure. Do you not mean 7 for p3 ? I do hope so. Yes it is great to have banter from fellow quizzers who do them for the fun and of course raising money for charity. Top marks to Marian and Neville for keeping these quizzes going. Roll on the next one, presumably the Christmas one?
160 of 195  -   Report This Post