CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

riversk

23rd April 2024, 18:16
I have eight filled, unchecked cells totaling 29. If I could only get rid of one of them …
61 of 87  -   Report This Post

riversk

23rd April 2024, 18:23
I think post 52 is pointing me in the right direction, but I find that outcome to be unsatisfactory. A letter by itself is still a letter. If my problematic cell is intended to resolve ambiguity, I would have found it much clearer to go the other way (i.e., 29 instead of 28). But I might have it all wrong altogether.
62 of 87  -   Report This Post

simond9x

23rd April 2024, 18:55
But the rest of the entry would be pointless in that case
63 of 87  -   Report This Post

riversk

23rd April 2024, 19:03
simond9x, I think you’ve chosen your words carefully, if I’m following you. In any event, thank you for the feedback!
64 of 87  -   Report This Post

crates

23rd April 2024, 20:42
Further to my previous post - think I now see what you mean - If I'm right - the second word of the description of extra item would preclude it - (not uncommon quiz question - What does ... stand for - answer is always nothing ...
65 of 87  -   Report This Post

riversk

23rd April 2024, 21:00
I think the solution would be indeterminate but for the Scrabble count. Although, in the context of the fully-completed puzzle, I also wonder if the title would be different under my originally contemplated scenario. I still believe that it would be more accurate to have something there, there. Thanks again.
66 of 87  -   Report This Post

1esk19

23rd April 2024, 22:37
if i solve the 29 problem by "precluding" as in comment 65, doesn't that leave a word that won't fit? the hidden message says s* not m*
67 of 87  -   Report This Post

piffleworthy

24th April 2024, 10:04
Just limped over the finish line! Great puzzle, a real challenge.

I am completely unable to parse 'Milky loaf, not half cold - that's not right'(6), however. I'm sure I have the correct answer and think I can parse the first half of it, but my extra letter was K, which is incorrect. Can anyone nudge me in the right direction please? Thank you
68 of 87  -   Report This Post

kirky

24th April 2024, 10:17
half of LOaf + 6 letter word for cold minus the R (giving the O as the extra)
69 of 87  -   Report This Post

espebe

24th April 2024, 19:03
I really enjoyed this puzzle and am pleased that I resisted visiting this site until after I'd solved it all. Otherwise I would probably have missed one of the most enjoyable and sudden PDMs yet. As others have commented, the Scrabble count is a key for anyone who has got the theme but can't quite make things tally. Great puzzle and thanks Kruger.
70 of 87  -   Report This Post