CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

norah (admin)

22nd April 2024, 12:04
Scarlett, I have tried to email you but Maeler Demon returned the email, it said that your Mailbox was unavailable. This is what I said in my email:

“Could I ask you please to read the preamble on the Listener thread and try not to give away too much information in your posts in future.

I have deleted the wording in both your posts, 49 and 50, as I have been informed that too much information was divulged.”

51 of 87  -   Report This Post

0pt0

22nd April 2024, 13:39
I have spent a lot of time agonising as to whether or not to include the full stop. However, the Scrabble letter count seems to have resolved the issue. In my opinion, that is a pity: including the letter and the full stop would have been a neater solution. A great puzzle nevertheless. Thanks Kruger.
52 of 87  -   Report This Post

candlestick

22nd April 2024, 15:57
I understand how the 28, rather than 29, point limit is to be achieved using the Scrabble rule. However, is there something that stops there being mulitiple correct solution? Could not any one-point letter be the thematically-treated Scrabble letter? Or am I missing something?
53 of 87  -   Report This Post

candledave

22nd April 2024, 16:08
think you might be overthinking it.

the 28 scrabble count is there to remove any ambiguity with the ending, not to create ambiguity
54 of 87  -   Report This Post

samovar

22nd April 2024, 16:24
I am really enjoying this ,and I have just about filled the grid except for two clues which are really annoying me!
"Fly commercial placed in supplement"
and "Political faction regularly ensures entrance". I thought the fly clue would be comparatively easy but I just can't get it.
I would be very grateful for any help.
Thanks.
55 of 87  -   Report This Post

woodlouse

22nd April 2024, 16:43
Samovar

Supplement is a palindromic verb, I think

The second half of the fly clue ends with alternate letters of ensures
56 of 87  -   Report This Post

samovar

22nd April 2024, 17:40
Thank you so much, Woodlouse.
I will have another go.
Sorry late thanking, am having Wi-Fi problems.
57 of 87  -   Report This Post

samovar

22nd April 2024, 17:55
Thanks, Woodlouse.
All done now.
58 of 87  -   Report This Post

riversk

23rd April 2024, 17:36
candledave, I’m also at 29. In a deliberate effort to be vague, I could simply deal with the extra point that I believe is confusing me, but I’m not sure it would be factually correct to do so. If a Scrabble tile is to be treated specially, I would have thought the instructions would specify. Surely 29 should be the correct number.
59 of 87  -   Report This Post

crates

23rd April 2024, 18:03
little confused - my extra letters added to 28 ... not sure where your extra 1 comes from? ...
60 of 87  -   Report This Post