CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

geting

31st March 2024, 16:05
Hi Roof. Thanks, that was my line of reasoning too

25a a castle

1 the answer can be obtained from the first 2 words
2 Fiesta is not the Spanish type
3 Considered one of the greatest ever UK footballers

Enjoy your garden - mine won't start to green for at least another month
71 of 84  -   Report This Post

rocky7

31st March 2024, 16:09
Roof there are a couple near you in fact. One perhaps a bit nearer me.

25a I had to guess in the end. I don't really understand the Theme word reference. Tatters is a four letter word outside of large (1) and one (2). But unless it is a place name I don't know. If you ever watched Dad's Army the guy who played the Colonel had the answer as his surname.
72 of 84  -   Report This Post

barny

31st March 2024, 16:13
Well I've actually completed it but am at a total loss as to what connects all the alphabetical answers. Any tips for finding out would be great.
73 of 84  -   Report This Post

roof

31st March 2024, 16:40
Thanks Rocky

I think I have the place nearer to you, but not the other one, but I think I know what it is.

I think I found 25ac, though I've had to add an s to the name.

Onwards and upwards, or in my case into another cul de sac
74 of 84  -   Report This Post

roof

31st March 2024, 16:43
Thanks Geting

I have 25ac now - what a strange clue!

and I have the third theme one

I still to get the other two.
75 of 84  -   Report This Post

snowwhite

31st March 2024, 16:47
All towns or villages in UK & 2 pieces of water. So physical and human (made) geography as in rubric. Can't quite see how you can solve without seeing them?

Took us a couple of afternoon sessions to finish but got there in the end. Quite enjoyable but a bit frustrating at times. Lots of searching but that is part of solving challenging crosswords. Did love the 11 letter one when finally got it.
76 of 84  -   Report This Post

geting

31st March 2024, 16:47
For the long one, think of how the City of London often appears in crosswords, and also a common 3-letter crossword clue for worker, but note that it is clipped. The sign, as someone already mentioned, is a musical term (4)
77 of 84  -   Report This Post

barny

31st March 2024, 17:17
I got all the themed words from the wordplay.
78 of 84  -   Report This Post

pauly

31st March 2024, 17:45
Really enjoyed this - suitably tough for a holiday x word. Can't remember FOI but last one parsed was "Golden French piece" which is also COD - the French adore ...
79 of 84  -   Report This Post

dhope

31st March 2024, 21:33
Snowwhite @76—- absolutely spot on with your comments, thanks. The 11 letter alphabetical my COD.
80 of 84  -   Report This Post