CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pgbj

30th March 2024, 15:31
@prospero. Apologies. misread your post. I also have a river and no buckets.
31 of 84  -   Report This Post

eagle

30th March 2024, 16:06
Thanks for earlier help

Agree a river so does not fit the theme

Last one is 4 down
Have L-a-u-i-e-t

Hints pls
32 of 84  -   Report This Post

prospero

30th March 2024, 16:09
eagle - your u is wrong. It's an anagram and maakes a word I'd not heard of.
33 of 84  -   Report This Post

pauly

30th March 2024, 16:17
Have L-a-u-i-e-t

Think your u is wrong - I have n.
34 of 84  -   Report This Post

eagle

30th March 2024, 16:31
thanks all, have n (mistyped)

Got it now

35 of 84  -   Report This Post

exlibris

30th March 2024, 16:44
Thanks for that tip prospero - last one done - got over the stumbling block eventually of thinking prisoner=con and the word began con amongst the cs and ds. which allowed me to finish the south west corner
36 of 84  -   Report This Post

hectorr

30th March 2024, 17:28
The theme is physical and human, and at least one other physical solution so I think the river is fine, eagle.
37 of 84  -   Report This Post

roof

30th March 2024, 18:01
Well I started even later than usual, lots of chores and sorting out my crochet pattern and making Hot Cross buns in my breadmaker (It took me 15 minutes to find the recipe) - I'll have to return to it later. Sainsburys had sold out when we did the shopping earlier this week and Darts Farm had none left yesterday.

I've read all the normal clues and answered some of them, but have yet to tackle those undefined. I was hoping 3 would involve buckets, but I'll have to think again.

I was puzzled at the beginning of the thread that people couldn't see that 10 referred to the down clue! It was obvious.

I hope you are having a nice time in Italy Rocky.

I'll be back when I've looked at the special clues.

I'll be back
38 of 84  -   Report This Post

havermonkey

30th March 2024, 18:36
Hello all, I've got most of the theme words but scared to start entering! Missing a few numbered clues, could anyone give me a gentle hint for 16d? What am I looking for? Also bemused by the overcoats in 25a....
39 of 84  -   Report This Post

pauly

30th March 2024, 18:46
Hello all, I've got most of the theme words but scared to start entering! Missing a few numbered clues, could anyone give me a gentle hint for 16d? What am I looking for? Also bemused by the overcoats in 25a...

Clue is propriety dressing
40 of 84  -   Report This Post