CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

norah (admin)

9th February 2024, 15:23
The clues...
Requests for help should normally include the clue itself, the number of letters in the answer, and details of any you already have. Any additional information or special instructions, common in Listener puzzles, should be included.

Hints only, please, no answers.

The theme...
Help towards the theme may be sought here. The 'help' should err on the gentler side - just a nudge, a pointer in the right direction rather than anything that would spoil the puzzle for others. Any posts which, even inadvertently, reveal too much are likely to be removed.

The Listener is a unique puzzle and should be treated with respect.
1 of 80  -   Report This Post

jordan

9th February 2024, 15:29
Times Crossword Club is not working right now. The whole site was down earlier on.
2 of 80  -   Report This Post

woodlouse

9th February 2024, 15:41
Dear Norah

Why do you have to write out the whole clue? Everyone who has ever posted on this site has the clue in front of him/her?

How is you request to contextualise the clue to be acceded to? The whole preamble, or just a verbatim part?

Isn't showing "letters towards" equivalent to giving information that other people don't have?
3 of 80  -   Report This Post

jono

9th February 2024, 15:50
Site is working now. Today’s puzzle is available.
4 of 80  -   Report This Post

bobbycollins

9th February 2024, 15:57
woodlouse. Norah is simply posting on behalf of Malone. The wording was thrashed out ages ago following some unsavoury spats between contributors to this forum.
5 of 80  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

9th February 2024, 16:21
Bobbycollins and Woodlouse

Thanks Bobby for your answer.

Woodlouse, the current format of the Listener thread has worked well for some considerable time and I don't intend changing it at the moment.

I won 't go into the history of the Listener threads(s), it would bore the pants off you. Suffice it to say that we had 3 threads per week at one time to try and pacify everyone who took part, reduced to 2 then down to one.

It was a complete and utter nightmare refereeing disputes between participants on the various threads, life has been very peaceful lately and long may it last😂
6 of 80  -   Report This Post

mullingar

9th February 2024, 16:38
Is it mathematics?
7 of 80  -   Report This Post

smellyharry

9th February 2024, 16:56
No, should be maths next week I think
8 of 80  -   Report This Post

lumen

9th February 2024, 16:58
I was secretly hoping it would be numerical, as only finished last week's at midnight yesterday and have another busy week ahead!
9 of 80  -   Report This Post

cockie

9th February 2024, 19:43
Those hoping for a sums one shouldn't be daunted by this one - it's not as hard as first appears as the clues are pretty generous. Elevating the third character is proving tricky, however, as I can't find one.
10 of 80  -   Report This Post