CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

goldie

1st October 2015, 18:50
Corinne re 54: the answer to this is a word that indicates an anagram and then an anagram!

I am still struggling with the ducks - I can only find wigeon and no cross reference with that to an old fool.
91 of 195  -   Report This Post

winnie

1st October 2015, 20:52
Hi goldie. re 46 . Given that you have mentioned the answer,
- it us correct. Working from Chambers dictionary 10th edition as recommended by Neville it states that wigeon is a duck and a fool.
Corinne. re 76. is a 3 letter word for dispute reversed ( put back) + a word for a vessel. The word then refers to service. as in religious.
Hope this helps.
92 of 195  -   Report This Post

goldie

1st October 2015, 21:27
Winnie - thank you very much - I obviously need to buy a more up to date Chambers! Thanks to Corinne too.

I have now solved 71 as well, so a very rewarding evening.
93 of 195  -   Report This Post

corinne76

1st October 2015, 22:06
Many thanks Winnie. I think I now have the correct answers for 54 and 71. Neville must have a really wonderful depth of knowledge to be able to compile these quizzes and come up with the clues. I have learnt some new words and meanings while undertaking this quiz and have really enjoyed doing it.
94 of 195  -   Report This Post

nocando

7th October 2015, 13:30
Hi Winnie, I've noticed that you often give good additional clues for the questions, can you pleeeease help with the following as I'm struggling to find answers even with the previous threads. 23, 38, 56, 66, 73, 75, 80, 84, 91 and 97
95 of 195  -   Report This Post

winnie

7th October 2015, 16:57
Hi Nocando. Try these additional clues.
23. A word that means to follow ( dog) and is a type of boxing.
38. There is a clue for this question already on this thread.
Esther is referring to the book in the bible
56.' Lets' backward plus 2 other letters for a type of bread
66. Think of 'union' as of marriage + what 'stir' is the slang word for.
How's that for starters - good luck
96 of 195  -   Report This Post

haeremai18

7th October 2015, 20:34
Hello and help please with clues for the following:
14. After sprain this writer needs transport (8)
18. Chocolate cake to have with cheese coveting? (7)
21. Two beasts are in the compound (7)
37. Battle later resolved in court (8) - is this war .......?
43. Armchair Dad's get excited with his book about Hazel (9,4)

I have a few more. Thought I was doing well this time but stuck on about 12 altogether. Thanks for any clues please.
97 of 195  -   Report This Post

nocando

7th October 2015, 21:27
Hi again Winnie, many thanks for these extra clues, as soon as I read your clue for 23 the answer jumped out at me, I'll now get the thinking cap on and try to solve the others. I knew that the original clue to 38 was referring to the bible book after Esther but the only word I could find was what you call someone who is over exuberant at their work and I don't think that is correct.
98 of 195  -   Report This Post

winnie

7th October 2015, 21:40
Nocando re 38
The book that follows Esther + two letter denoting hesitation
+ first letter of night + three letter bird name. Then look up this word in Chambers.
99 of 195  -   Report This Post

anotheray

7th October 2015, 21:54
I have looked through the various threads on this quiz and I cannot find any reference or clues to number 73
Intelligence shown by an assembly of councillors (5)
(The shortest ones are always the hardest).
Does the answer end in W ?
100 of 195  -   Report This Post