CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

escuan

28th June 2015, 16:55
Thank you for your hint, Kilgore Trout. Unfortunately I cannot cold-solve enough clues to see what is going on so have reluctantly decided to abandon this puzzle.
21 of 53  -   Report This Post

dryden

28th June 2015, 17:58
Escuan, perhaps you should come back to it after a day or so. You may see things you didn't see before.
If it's any help, most of the down answers are entered normally or wrapped around. Three pairs are linked to provide three thematic items. Unfortunately, unlike the acrosses, they are not adjacent in the clues, only in the grid, so they are hard to spot from just scanning clue answers. However, two answers are adjacent in clue order.
22 of 53  -   Report This Post

meursault

28th June 2015, 20:02
Escuan, I'm sorry you've needed to abandon...unlike answerbank, this site usually gives answers. Maybe some of my questions will assist. I've been on this for a couple of hours and getting a bit bored, though I have to say it is better than quite a few of the recent Listeners. Using (x,y) notation (all these across answers), I assume that 1,8 is Pageant, 2,6 is Karabiners, 1,2 is Calculators, though I've not been able to parse any of these. I've not yet got 7,4 (have T??IA?).
23 of 53  -   Report This Post

unclued

28th June 2015, 20:49
TIBIAL anag. of L + I + A BIT
24 of 53  -   Report This Post

meursault

28th June 2015, 20:53
Thanks, Unclued. And I assume there's a flavour of sea salt about the whole thing ?
25 of 53  -   Report This Post

unclued

28th June 2015, 21:21
I'm having trouble with two of the unclued words. I have sailor and then MA-INE and SEABE_.
Incidentally I think the last cell of the fifth row is blank.
26 of 53  -   Report This Post

meursault

28th June 2015, 21:41
Unclued, yes I'd decided the 'S' was a bad idea at 12,6. I'm plumping for the unclued entries being Sailor, Seabed and Marine. that's my grid complete without needing to parse a lot of answers - design fault ?
27 of 53  -   Report This Post

ionacarr

28th June 2015, 21:44
Unclued, all three could be graduates of Annapolis, the third one especially.

28 of 53  -   Report This Post

meursault

28th June 2015, 21:59
I confirm that, Unclued. Should be Seabee. I've spent enough time on it now...
29 of 53  -   Report This Post

unclued

28th June 2015, 22:17
Thanks all of you - finished. I have the title and see why there is the missing d-m-. I'm not sure why the fifth down answer is JEER and the seventh GLADES. Can someone explain?
30 of 53  -   Report This Post