CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

susan

26th November 2014, 09:00
Hi Chrisg, thank you so much, I've done it! I've switched off the autocorrect but couldn't find the predictive option. I think I could do with some lessons! Bye for now.
41 of 51  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

26th November 2014, 09:28
Hi susan
In settings, click on "general" then "keyboard" then "predictive". and switch it off
42 of 51  -   Report This Post

susan

26th November 2014, 11:37
Hiya Jazzgirl, thanks ever so much for your tip. Not sure if my ipad is older than yours (I bought it second hand and it's over three years old) or if I'm just not looking in the right place. I click on General, then Keyboard, then there's no Predictive option - but maybe there's something really obvious that I'm not seeing! I need those lessons!!
43 of 51  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

26th November 2014, 11:57
I have updated my ipad to iOS8 and this includes the option to switch off "predictive"
After "general" then "keyboard"
the options are, in order top to bottom:

auto-capitalization
auto-correction
check spelling
enable caps lock
predictive
split keyboard
shortcut
44 of 51  -   Report This Post

susan

26th November 2014, 12:12
Ah thanks Jazzgirl, mine doesn't have Predictive in the list of options. Just as a slight change of subject but still on things you'd like to get rid of from your ipad, am I the only person going slightly nutty over the constant appearance of "hearthstone" heroes of warcraft and a funny little gremlin with a red beard popping up in front of what I'm typing. He gets right in the way of the "send" button. Can I permanently send him somewhere far away, I wonder? Grr!! There he is again!!
45 of 51  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

26th November 2014, 12:30
hi susan
I've started a new thread for the ipad queries.
46 of 51  -   Report This Post

rosalind

27th November 2014, 13:55
About FB. It is brilliant for contacting people missing from family trees (obviously only those still alive!) Sometimes a remote cousin holds a vital piece of information, or some photographs.
There are other sites for this, but FB has been the best for me.
47 of 51  -   Report This Post

susan

27th November 2014, 17:26
Hiya Rosalind, I've heard really great instances of people finding lost friends or relatives through Facebook. Although I've resisted my children's requests for me to join, I can appreciate the benefits. Good to hear all sides of a story and good to see it has been beneficial for you. Bye for now.
48 of 51  -   Report This Post

susan

27th November 2014, 17:26
Hiya Rosalind, I've heard really great instances of people finding lost friends or relatives through Facebook. Although I've resisted my children's requests for me to join, I can appreciate the benefits. Good to hear all sides of a story and good to see it has been beneficial for you. Bye for now.
49 of 51  -   Report This Post

duckb

1st December 2014, 19:27
Hi, Susan. Just seen your response to mine of a few days ago. Changing my name to Duckbill eh ....? Presumably platypus too. I gather it's not actually extinct - but from the arcane exchanges which followed on the forum, I can only admit to being pretty well extinct. After all, I'm doing all this on a PC (does anyone out there remember what a PC is?)
50 of 51  -   Report This Post