CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

elle

25th November 2014, 17:09
That sounds a lovely way to communicate, Jazzy! and, as you say, you can play them over and over again.
31 of 51  -   Report This Post

susan

25th November 2014, 17:12
Hiya Jazzgirl, aha, so pictures of people's supper are a regular feature of Facebook. I wonder if it's obligatory. What if you've had a really long day and you can only just about manage to rustle up beans on toast? What a horrible pressure when all your 100 friends have been slaving over a hot stove and come up with wonderful culinary delights? (Or have they?!!! Plenty of pressure to post fake banquet pictures!!) Where would it end? No, sorry, me and my tins of beans will remain a private matter. Oh, did I mention I'd be serving up a succulent Beef Wellington for supper? (I wish!!)
32 of 51  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

25th November 2014, 17:16
Susan, I am laughing out loud (LOL as they say on FB) here ! Yes, I have often thought of posting a plate of beans on toast just to annoy. I might still do so. Hmmmm.
33 of 51  -   Report This Post

chrise

25th November 2014, 17:19
I'm not on Facebook either - I spend too much time chatting on this site!
34 of 51  -   Report This Post

rossim

25th November 2014, 18:51
Same here, Chris.
If I want to send a picture of my chicken stir-fry to friends I can always do it by email!
35 of 51  -   Report This Post

duckb

25th November 2014, 19:18
Gosh! Had no idea my casual reference to social media would start such an avalanche. I'll crawl back into the long grass of anonymity now. Talking of names, some Forum readers just might be interested in my "nom de mots croisés". Back in the 1970s I used to write concert reviews (particularly of organ recitals) for my local paper in Kent. Signing off with my full name in manuscript as Derek B........ - but without typing it beneath the signature - I appeared in the press as "Duck B......". Could be worse ...
36 of 51  -   Report This Post

susan

25th November 2014, 19:46
Hello Duckb, on the subject of getting your name wrong, I replied to one of your posts earlier and for some reason my ipad kept altering your name to Duckbill!
37 of 51  -   Report This Post

susan

26th November 2014, 08:18
...further on my last message, does anyone else find it frustrating that you type in a word and the ipad finishes it off, or worse, changes it!? A couple of times I've nearly sent a message with a really foolish "alternative" word because I nearly clicked "send" without checking the message first. It's horribly possible that I've sent one off without checking! Perhaps there's something I can alter in my settings but I'm still a baby with computers. They're so clever - but I wish they wouldn't tell me what they think I'm about to say - or change what I've already said (what a cheek!).
38 of 51  -   Report This Post

chrisg

26th November 2014, 08:32
HI Susan - Try going to settings - general - keyboard - autocorrect - off. This should fix it
39 of 51  -   Report This Post

chrisg

26th November 2014, 08:39
ps you can also turn off Predictive using the same process
40 of 51  -   Report This Post