CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

susan

24th November 2014, 23:31
Brilliant, thanks Elle, another girl after my own heart! I'm gradually picking up loads of obscure things I didn't know before and hopefully keeping the brain cells from shrivelling up! Glad you like the Jumbo too. Struggling to keep awake now, night night!
11 of 51  -   Report This Post

rossim

25th November 2014, 09:18
That's a great part of the fun for me, doing the 'research' and finding new words and facts......and sharing them.

"Once you stop learning, you start dying" ~ Albert Einstein
12 of 51  -   Report This Post

susan

25th November 2014, 10:13
Hiya Rossim, wise old Einstein eh? I couldn't agree more with you. I now have a 21 letter word in my storehouse - electroencephalograph! Not sure when I'll get the opportunity to slip it into a conversation as I don't know any brain surgeons. I really do enjoy doing the Jumbo Cryptic and I've been helped such a lot by other people's generosity so that I can now occasionally give something back. Lots of nice people on this site. Greetings to all!
13 of 51  -   Report This Post

rossim

25th November 2014, 10:27
Hi Susan, yes it's a great forum.
I stumbled on it by accident 2 1/2 years ago and I've 'met' lots of lovely people.

BTW you could add a Y and make it 22!
14 of 51  -   Report This Post

susan

25th November 2014, 10:37
Hiya Rossim, aha... Now you've got me started! Instead of the Y ... If I were to add ICS... Would that make a word? What'd ya reckon? Any advance on ICS?!!! Should I get out more?
15 of 51  -   Report This Post

rossim

25th November 2014, 11:03
I can only find the adjective IC.

I need to get out too. Unfortunately it's to the dentist!
16 of 51  -   Report This Post

duckb

25th November 2014, 15:34
I THINK you might be able to say that information about a patient's brain had been gathered electroencephalographically. I'm better with words than with numbers ... but I think that's 27!! But I'm not boasting about it - just enjoying (as others have commented) my discovery of the Forum - and joining in with humility and a sense of belonging. This is the closest I can (or want to) get to social networking.
17 of 51  -   Report This Post

susan

25th November 2014, 16:00
Duckb, I am well impressed by your humility and sense of belonging and ability to come up with words of great length! What's more, this is my only foray into social networking too. My grown-up children want me to join Facebook and can't understand what's stopping me. I sometimes wonder if I'm the only person on the planet who's not on it! Now I know there are at least two people who haven't yet succumbed!
18 of 51  -   Report This Post

elle

25th November 2014, 16:08
Make that three people, Susan! I too have no intention whatsoever of joining Facebook!
My children, too, cannot understand why I won't join it - nor can various friends - but to me it's very intrusive.
I shall stand firm!
19 of 51  -   Report This Post

rusty

25th November 2014, 16:15
Four!
20 of 51  -   Report This Post