CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pastille

25th May 2012, 19:03
Hi there...it's me Terry...Terry that was Terry until another Terry came along...and I had to be Terrythatwas!

I think that was when my troubles really started...my name "taken" . okay his name was Terry too, so fair enough.

Suddenly I am Terrythatwas...or pip or dive boy .....

Okay this discussion is for another time....

Vote for the pastille...even if she has no idea!

Kissypoos...I mean ByeBye People..
41 of 82  -   Report This Post

pastille

25th May 2012, 19:05
What was no body paying attention!

Shocking behaviour !

Well done FRANCIS...xxx
42 of 82  -   Report This Post

rambler

25th May 2012, 19:08
Voting closed one hour early - what's the rush? bbm2 and aristo each had two votes so there was everything to play for. I think Bullfrog,paul and gk will not be pleased.
43 of 82  -   Report This Post

les40

25th May 2012, 19:12
Still an hour to go I thought
44 of 82  -   Report This Post

francis

25th May 2012, 19:16
Thanks tonyw, and all who voted for me.
Yes, I agree it was a funny week. I had higher expectations of my other post No.5 = Simon Cowell caught in a cost saving trap of ITV, Not a single vote !
Well: C'est la vie !
Thanks for the Monty Python clip: I never tire watching this classic,
See you all next week. May I say: Let us hope for bad weather ?
45 of 82  -   Report This Post

francis

25th May 2012, 19:20
Certainly rambler has a point.
I shall certainly give way should the missing votes go against me, and no hard feelings.
46 of 82  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

25th May 2012, 19:25
Don't understand: voting was supposed to continue till 8pm BST, which is even now in another 40 mins, not earlier!Surely s'one has miscalculated here? Nothing personal against Francis, of course, but I would have cast my vote differently, to be quite honest.Await swuggestions from others as to how to proceed --- or am I taking it all too seriously? The sun was strong here today too, but I think we should keep to the rules as they were announced!
47 of 82  -   Report This Post

pastille

25th May 2012, 19:25
And jws... I think? May have been in with a chance?
48 of 82  -   Report This Post

jws

25th May 2012, 20:11
It is after 8pm so well done FRANCIS and thanks to tonyw for the word and the prize clip - my favourite Python film.

thanks also go to pasty for the vote. I don't know what you are on but keep taking the tablets.
49 of 82  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

25th May 2012, 20:12
To tonyw: I think it is time you defended your choice, as by my reckoning there were only 12 participants, of whom only 9 had voted when you decided to call it a day. Even at that stage the results were 2 votes each for Aristo & bbm2, and one vote each for 4 other "candidates".Even with your casting vote, there was no clear majority.I may be the only one of the 3 who had not voted before you made your premature decision who has expressed an opinion since then, but surely the state of play now, so to speak, is more than unsatisfactory.Any one of those you discounted could easily have won, possibly even with a clear majority! I see little sense in this kind of "democratic" competition if elementary arithmetical errors like this are to be tolerated!
50 of 82  -   Report This Post