CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

tomsdad

1st May 2016, 12:45
Qesue. Yes I have all that and I have completely finished the grid, but what I mean is that there are several ways of describing the dietary requirement for what has been removed. For example, it could be "no -----" or "----- free". There are also a few words that could replace "-----".

I was wondering if I have missed some clue as to what should actually be written, or would any of the possibilities be acceptable?
21 of 35  -   Report This Post

qesue

1st May 2016, 12:50
Tomsdad. I have the main word which I believe has to start with C but as you say the other word could be one of many. I took it be "no" but happy to be challenged on this bit if anyone can explain.
22 of 35  -   Report This Post

tomsdad

1st May 2016, 12:56
Qesue. I thought the main word started with either W or G, but this shows this may be another ambiguous end game!
23 of 35  -   Report This Post

qesue

1st May 2016, 13:09
Tomsdad. I see what you mean and agree that perhaps it could be either the W or G word plus free - will need to look at grid again to see if anything stands out
24 of 35  -   Report This Post

kobnut

1st May 2016, 13:40
I had the same problem until I googled the 22 letter phrase.
The first entry gives a local name for the meal.
25 of 35  -   Report This Post

tomsdad

1st May 2016, 14:24
Kobnut. My google efforts for the phrase have pulled up the Quebec history encyclopaedia, which is quite detailed. I lost the will to live reading it, but any local name just adds to the ambiguity.

Surely Gila's diet would be described in modern terms - my diet certainly is!
26 of 35  -   Report This Post

djawhufc

2nd May 2016, 12:22
Look in Chambers it is in there as "modern' spelling as one word

N?c???
27 of 35  -   Report This Post

bunty

2nd May 2016, 15:32
Help please with parsing:
12d Dung Ayrshire cattle expel ... i have TURN OUT
3d It directs an aircraft from Angola to America travelling via Germany .... NAVAID ....... via d ... travelling via Germany
5d A tense bastard being grabbed by the throat is a loathsome individual ... RATBAG
28 of 35  -   Report This Post

djawhufc

2nd May 2016, 15:40
Turd is dung so d is extra nout is Scots for cattle.

An (Angola) a is extra A (America) via d(Germany)

Crag is throat so c is extra

Atb (fist letters of a tense bastard) inside rag
29 of 35  -   Report This Post

bunty

2nd May 2016, 15:43
Many thanks djawhufc......should help with the endgame now!
30 of 35  -   Report This Post