CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

arcticpenguin

29th July 2014, 19:25
I've spotted one phrase (right hand ,middle row) but can't see another. Help !!!
31 of 41  -   Report This Post

riversk

29th July 2014, 21:11
demeter, I can't think of anything to do besides what you suggest regarding the horizontal lines, but the final parenthetical still doesn't make much sense. Is the inference that if the gaps were entirely barred-off, no one would need to "mind" them? In the other words, absent those horizontal bars, the M and the A have a chance of "falling in"? Still tenuous. Terrible endgame.
32 of 41  -   Report This Post

aquestion

29th July 2014, 21:17
I'm also struggling to categorize my words, specifically a second place name...does the gulf clued in the puzzle count as one?
33 of 41  -   Report This Post

unclued

30th July 2014, 07:19
I have assumed that the instruction to make the singularities clear means to erase the two letters in the barred off cells - the T at 6 and L at 42. I have left the bars and it seems to give me 73. One of the place names is Iroise but haven't found the other yet.
34 of 41  -   Report This Post

unclued

30th July 2014, 07:31
Update! I have LAING, SITA and ARI as personal names and ADRIA and IROISE as the place names.
35 of 41  -   Report This Post

demeter

30th July 2014, 08:50
The problem with that, Unclued, is that it doesn't really explain the '(so the warning still applies)' bit.
36 of 41  -   Report This Post

unclued

30th July 2014, 09:18
Demeter - i just assumed it meant to be aware of the gap(s). My bar total was correct leaving in the two sets of three bars enclosing these singularities
37 of 41  -   Report This Post

escuan

30th July 2014, 09:24
arcticpenguin - key man is 2 words and therefore a phrase.
Unclued - I agree with all your conclusions. Very clever having the gap between the carriage and the platform!
38 of 41  -   Report This Post

deviant

31st July 2014, 14:05
Clever crossword that took me a while to get into, but once I did, I enjoyed it. However, the last step is a bit horrible.

Wonder if the extra letter choices of LT were deliberate? Perhaps there should have been a third square with an 'F' in, to keep it up-to-date?
39 of 41  -   Report This Post

rtxxx

2nd August 2014, 17:10
I can find only 42 words in the final grid. I feel there must be another two in lines 4 and 8 as so far I have only one word in each of these lines.
40 of 41  -   Report This Post