CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bullfrog

21st September 2011, 22:57
I'm not sure why we should all be justifying our whereabouts to rambler. I had been about to add my congratulations, but after that astonishingly mean-spirited outburst I don't think I'll bother.
51 of 78  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

21st September 2011, 23:19
Oh dear! rambelr I think you should reconsider. No one was nasty to you and we are all pleased for you. It's just a bit of fun. Have you been tainted by judith or Rusty's mean - spiritedness? You have always been helpful and pleasant, that's what this site needs.
52 of 78  -   Report This Post

therogue

22nd September 2011, 10:05
Morning rambler,
I hope you see this msg and see that the congrats are always spread out over a period of hours, sometimes days! I am only able to visit this site (normally) for an hour or so a day (usually around lunchtime) as I dont have a pc at home.
If your decision is final, though, I will of course pass both prize and crown to NeilM, providing that Neil is ok with that.
Regards
TR
53 of 78  -   Report This Post

neilm

22nd September 2011, 11:51
No I dont think I should!. The competition was rightly won by the Rambler and should therefore have the right to set next weeks Clueless.
I have always applauded the winner even if it is not on the dot of 4:30. Please dont get huffy. Be the bigger man (or woman)
54 of 78  -   Report This Post

saki

22nd September 2011, 12:09
Surely rambler must realise he/she has made an error of judgement. As Bernie pointed out, 1 hour and 47 minutes, is nothing! the rogue is also spot on about congratulations being over days! I hope he/she reconsidres.
55 of 78  -   Report This Post

wendy

22nd September 2011, 20:52
Rambler, may I add my congrats (belatedly of course). I find it sometimes hard to catch up on threads even though I contributed to this one, I didn't immediately look to see
who'd won.

Like a lot of us - I am not glued to the pc all day - at present I'm on hols in France and sharing a pc with my old man.

Nevertheless, many congrats and I look forward to your CLUELESS word for next week.
56 of 78  -   Report This Post

tonyw

22nd September 2011, 21:14
Wendy, is your old man an eboueur?LOL:)
57 of 78  -   Report This Post

wendy

23rd September 2011, 07:31
Tonyw,

Yes, and he's got the hat to prove it!
58 of 78  -   Report This Post

therogue

23rd September 2011, 12:15
Hello all,
I can only assume that rambler is sticking to his decision and no longer wishes to contribute to the site.
I will be happy to set and judge next weeks competition, or
If any of this weeks contributors would like to volunteer their services, or
Any other suggestions welcome!
I'll check the thread again on Monday to see whats happening,
Have a good weekend everyone!
TR
59 of 78  -   Report This Post

pastille

23rd September 2011, 12:40
Thank you Rogue...you too.

(u)Message for aristophanes(/u)

Hello, you may be interested to know that Stephen Fry has a "Planet Word" series starting soon On BBC 2...(I'm assuming you can access that somehow!)

I mention it because I follow him on twitter and a couple of months back he mention he was in the U S of A, exploring the differences between...Americanisms and Britishisms.

Think a few of us on the site would enjoy this.

Hpoe you are well,

p@

60 of 78  -   Report This Post