CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pastille

21st September 2011, 13:06
Charlie popped the cork. What's his game? (9)
31 of 78  -   Report This Post

wendy

21st September 2011, 14:00
Sounds like fake suffering, drink this to feel better!
32 of 78  -   Report This Post

wendy

21st September 2011, 14:01
Horses do it initially, a great news event for celebratory drink.
33 of 78  -   Report This Post

therogue

21st September 2011, 16:58
Hi All,

What a fantastic response. There's so much brilliance in this lot that I'm almost blinded!
Well done everyone!

This week saw the appearance of sham-pains, music-hall songs, pole dancing pages(!), Mrs Gamp, Mr Agnew, horses, street urchins, dimples and flutes. Special mention, here, to NeilM for your (post 19) gently mis-leading and amusing clue. A close second...

But to pick a winner from all these brilliantly composed clues was tough, and in the end I had to pick a favourite. So, rambler, the Clueless Crown passes to you for your wonderfully risky "Limp-wristed, full of dope, short Agnes goes down at weddings"

Following on from last weeks adrenalin-soaked prize, your prize is some inspiration from a young man (I wonder if his mother knows...?) who might just have you rushing to the shed for your bike...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z19zFlPah-o
34 of 78  -   Report This Post

ixion

21st September 2011, 17:14
Congratulations rambler - nice clue - great vid therogue, I'll be trying that tree thing later....not!
35 of 78  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

21st September 2011, 18:35
Your weddings must be quite something. I get the latter part of the clue, but not the former- "limp-wristed, full of dope". Perhaps another Brit thing, like the nuptial perk? Congratulations though, rambler.
36 of 78  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

21st September 2011, 18:35
Well done rambler!
37 of 78  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

21st September 2011, 18:43
Oh! CAMP and H? Camp has a different shade of meaning over here. Very good clue.
38 of 78  -   Report This Post

rambler

21st September 2011, 18:45
Thank you therogue for picking my effort as winner. the prize was wonderful. Thanks ixion, aristophanes and sallyw for your congratulations. As for the rest of you, what a mean-spirited response. I would be very grateful if NeilM would accept the crown and set next week's competition as I shall not contribute to this site again.
39 of 78  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

21st September 2011, 18:49
Well done rambler. (belated response as I was attending to other matters)
Please stay!
40 of 78  -   Report This Post