CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

trevor

30th April 2016, 20:00
haha, just my sledgehammer wit getting me into hot water again. Mamya is, and always has been, delicious and delightful.
21 of 26  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

30th April 2016, 20:14
As Administrator of the Forum, I do not feel it would be appropriate for me to mention a user's name regarding any action I have taken, be it banning, sending emails etc.

The user was banned for 3 reasons :

1. The post consisted solely of a link with no explanatory text. I considered this could put others users of the Forum at risk by them clicking on what could be a dangerous link.

2. Apparently, and I had no intention of clicking on the link, it contained the full answers of a crossword which is totally against the spirit of the Forum.

3. A user mentioned that a previous link by the same poster contained a malware warning message.

I make decisions in the best interest of everyone using the Forum, I cannot please everyone all of the time but I try my hardest to be fair.

I am glad this has created a friendly discussion between you all. It is good to know that you take an interest in what goes on.

22 of 26  -   Report This Post

mamya

30th April 2016, 20:21
"Near the knuckle" eh - well I've had my moments but didn't know they'd gone public.

Yes I have indeed missed at the end of a post 'hints only' often because I concentrate on the centre of the screen being partially sighted - I then furiously try to get an apology is as the delay allows, lol.

Promise to try harder ;-)
23 of 26  -   Report This Post

trevor

30th April 2016, 20:47
@mamya, hey, we can all get a bit racy when we've had a few.

it is soo easy to miss 'hints only' when it's right at the end of a query, i know i have (expect better of you).

@Norah, of course it is totally up to you who gets banned for whatever reason but i don't see how posting a banned users name can be inappropriate. in fact i would see it more as a courtesy.
24 of 26  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

1st May 2016, 11:41
I have been given the following info about the banned user which may interest everyone.

"If anyone wants to know what the reported (now deleted) link contained, the poster had given FULL answers to FIVE crosswords, namely Times2 Jumbo, Sunday Express, Sunday Mail, Sunday Mail "You Mag" and Monday Express !! He is just plugging his own website

His previous website did have a warning sign, but has now been completely deleted."

As regards checking dodgy links, Ash tells me that there is no way his computer gurus can check a link other than clicking on it.

I will repeat what I said earlier.

NEVER CLICK ON A LINK UNLESS YOU KNOW IT IS FROM A RELIABLE SOURCE, particularly if the post contains no text. This is suspicious enough in itself

25 of 26  -   Report This Post

trevor

1st May 2016, 12:06
thanks Norah, sounds like a wrong 'un.
26 of 26  -   Report This Post