CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

aristophanes

22nd March 2024, 18:25
Well! We had fourteen participants, eight of whom got votes, five with one, geting with four for two entries, and our winner peterm with a whopping five for his characteristically great clue @17:

Put down roots west of the Zambezi, no locals involved (8)

The prize:

https://youtu.be/r2nMAiAIFnQ?si=zwiYS5eEiyqzKnpk

Thanks so much, all of you.
61 of 73  -   Report This Post

geting

22nd March 2024, 18:39
Congratulations Peterm, a great clue - and thanks Aristophanes, interesting clip. My knowledge of American history is dire.
Tyke, Chrise, Geeker and Jono, thanks for your votes, and appreciate the many mentions from the rest.
Great idea with the haiku Jono
62 of 73  -   Report This Post

spikepunk

22nd March 2024, 18:46
Well done, Peterm. Thanks for hosting, Aristo.
63 of 73  -   Report This Post

tyke51

22nd March 2024, 18:47
Good one Peterm - well done! Thanks for a fun challenge Aristo - mention very much appreciated Bacchy.
64 of 73  -   Report This Post

peterm

22nd March 2024, 19:01
Well, that's quite a surprise. Many thanks to geting, spike, bacchanal, dorrien and mattrom for the votes, and to all those who liked my clue. Much appreciated. And thanks to you, aristo, for running the show and for the characteristically great prize.

I'll see you all next week.
65 of 73  -   Report This Post

geeker

22nd March 2024, 19:01
Congratulations and well deserved, peterm! Thanks to Aristo for hosting and a stimulating challenge (as evidenced by the many fine entries). Grateful to spike, jono and geting for mentions.
66 of 73  -   Report This Post

chrise

22nd March 2024, 19:03
congrats peterm and thanks aristo. thanks for the various mentions.
67 of 73  -   Report This Post

jono

22nd March 2024, 19:08
Congrats Peter and many thanks Aristo for a fun challenge. Thanks for the vote Buddy and mention Geeker.

Thanks, Geting. I’ve attempted clues in the form of a haiku before. I think the last time was for the word “spring” and was rather more successful as a cryptic clue than this one. They’re not easy but quite fun to try.
68 of 73  -   Report This Post

paul

22nd March 2024, 19:10
Very nice Peter! Cheers Aristo.
69 of 73  -   Report This Post

mattrom

22nd March 2024, 19:29
Well done, Peterm, and thanks to Paul for your vote. Appreciated the mentions from Tyke and Spike, Baccy and Dorrien. Thanks also to Aristo for the challenge and the clip.
70 of 73  -   Report This Post