CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

lumen

5th March 2024, 00:40
WIth an easy puzzle this week, I started browsing old posts, I've been posting regularly over 5 years and love it. Lots of familiar names are there! I can't imagine who you are. Never met anyone who does barred crosswords.
But drxx has vanished, and was a very regular user, and on the Listener thread too?
11 of 19  -   Report This Post

graham9perkins

5th March 2024, 12:40
Thanks quisling, all cleared up now!
12 of 19  -   Report This Post

lulu666

5th March 2024, 21:39
Need help interpreting the preamble.
Are the greyed cells anagrams of 7 of the references? In which case, are the references in English?
13 of 19  -   Report This Post

quisling

5th March 2024, 22:07
Yes, they are anagrams. The grid entries are all in Chambers, but none are really in everyday usage. But the anagrams they form are all in English in the pieces of work, though a few are names or places. I can give an example if you want
14 of 19  -   Report This Post

lulu666

6th March 2024, 05:05
No thanks quisling. I just needed that cleared up. Cheers
15 of 19  -   Report This Post

gitto

6th March 2024, 15:13
lumen, I too am worried about the disappearance of drxx. He/She was a regular and valuable contributor to both this thread and the Listener . I hope drxx is ok.
16 of 19  -   Report This Post

drxx

6th March 2024, 16:14
Hello gitto/lumen - I'm still around and would like to thank you for your kind thoughts. I'm taking a break from online activities for a while to deal with some health issues in the family (still managing to squeeze in the puzzles, though - and still checking in here to keep abreast of the issues/gossip}. Good luck with the puzzles - we've had a good run so far (I think).
17 of 19  -   Report This Post

gitto

7th March 2024, 11:05
Good to hear from you drxx - hoping you can return soon.
18 of 19  -   Report This Post

drxx

7th March 2024, 16:24
Thanks again, gitto - and keep up the good work (I'm a very appreciative 'lurker'}.
19 of 19  -   Report This Post