CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

malone

1st March 2024, 15:59
The clues...
Requests for help should normally include the clue itself, the number of letters in the answer, and details of any you already have. Any special instructions or additional information, common in Listener puzzles, should also be given.
Clues only, please, no answers.

The theme...
Requests for help towards the theme may also be sought here. It's intended that the help is of a fairly gentle nature - really just a pointer, a nudge in the right direction... and certainly not anything that would spoil the puzzle for others.
Any posts which, even inadvertently, reveal too much of the theme are likely to be removed.

The Listener is a unique puzzle and should be treated with respect.
1 of 72  -   Report This Post

twelvetree

1st March 2024, 22:44
Looks like another GWIT ending, even with the full grid and the source. I don't know why the editors allow this.
2 of 72  -   Report This Post

simplesimon

1st March 2024, 22:47

We’re in exactly the same position as you Twelvetree.
3 of 72  -   Report This Post

h1982

1st March 2024, 23:01
Look at centre of grid.

A 12-letter word (not in a single line) should help you complete the other 18 letters appropriately placed.

Hope this helps / doesn’t give too much away.
4 of 72  -   Report This Post

will37

1st March 2024, 23:06
It's a very quotable work which means that no quotation jumps out at you as "the one" and trying to find it's 30+cell cryptic representation might be rather time- consuming,no?
5 of 72  -   Report This Post

h1982

1st March 2024, 23:12
I was fortunate that a word seemed to jump out at me. Googling that along with the source author and “quote” seemed to do the trick…
6 of 72  -   Report This Post

will37

1st March 2024, 23:42
Thank you for your tip , h 1982. I'll resume the hunt for those 30 cells in the morning with as much of a spring in my step as I can muster these days.
7 of 72  -   Report This Post

twelvetree

1st March 2024, 23:53
"It's a very quotable work which means that no quotation jumps out at you as "the one" and trying to find it's 30+cell cryptic representation might be rather time- consuming,no? "

This. Exactly this. Word for word, this.

I've got there now, but the destination wasn't worth the journey. A nice idea and some clever clues, but too big a leap at the end for me.
8 of 72  -   Report This Post

jbird54

1st March 2024, 23:56
Same for me, H1982. Very well constructed puzzle.
9 of 72  -   Report This Post

simplesimon

1st March 2024, 23:57

Got the 12 letter word. Now in KC’s rabbit hole
10 of 72  -   Report This Post