CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

yevrah

18th February 2024, 07:56
I found this week's offering straightforward, slightly easier than usual although like last week I had to get onto the down clues to make progress.

No rhyming pair, a primarily, no alliteration. Unless I missed seeing them. Some long anagrams.

We see 26a quite a lot I think, so a little predictable.

CoD for me is 20a although I liked 10a for the reminder of the Bolivian location - a fabulous place.
1 of 29  -   Report This Post

yevrah

18th February 2024, 08:00
And, good day everyone and thanks to Everyman.
2 of 29  -   Report This Post

jono

18th February 2024, 08:01
Hi Yevrah, I thought the same, though I couldn’t see 1a for ages which would have made life easier.
I think the pairing is the antonym beginnings of 5 and 14. Everyman’s done this sort of thing before.
3 of 29  -   Report This Post

nicoladawn

18th February 2024, 08:19
Yes, easier than usual. I liked 8d and 9d.
4 of 29  -   Report This Post

yevrah

18th February 2024, 08:20
Hi jono, that is far too subtle for me at this time in the morning, but I see what you mean. I do like 14d.
5 of 29  -   Report This Post

mrsausages

18th February 2024, 08:55
Morning! I usually sit down to finish off Everyman once the rest of the family have gone to bed on Sunday evening, having grazed at it during the day. The fact I'm done before 9am means it must have been more straightforward for me than normal. I was let down only by my knowledge of Bolivian geography and not having previously come across the answer to 10a. Otherwise a good day.
6 of 29  -   Report This Post

fitzrover

18th February 2024, 09:17
Aren't the first words of 5 and 14, 8 and 9, and 1 and 28 all pairings of various sorts?

I was held back by not only my limited knowledge of Bolivia but because my brain seems to skip over "English" words that I first met in another language. On the other hand, it finds clues with multi-word answers simpler than untangling anagrams, so this was otherwise rather straightforward for me.
7 of 29  -   Report This Post

chrise

18th February 2024, 09:45
I;m not seeing how 26 actually works. What does "illegally" provide, and is "in" right?

The definition in 2d seems wrong.

18 is a bit niche!
8 of 29  -   Report This Post

cymro

18th February 2024, 09:45
Totally lost on 10A. I have A?E?C?O. Is it the name of a place in Bolivia? I was looking to put PA in there somewhere but I’m obviously on the wrong track.
9 of 29  -   Report This Post

chrise

18th February 2024, 09:46
hi cymro
your o is wrong
10 of 29  -   Report This Post