CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

geting

18th February 2024, 17:15
Weekend Peer Review draws to a close for yet another week. Thank you to the eleven participants for all your diverse and clever contributions, and welcome - or perhaps welcome back - to Jimmygtal.

The voting is complete, and what a nerve-tingling affair it was. Unlike India’s route of England earlier today, it all came down to the last over. The votes were very widely spread and even those who didn't quite make it all the way were not far behind.

Tied in 3rd place with 5 votes each are Buddy@3, Simplesimon@11 and Jono@21

Tied in 2nd place with 6 votes each are
Paul@4 - Argue with a Liberal (within limits) (7)
and Mattrom@13 - Scrap wife left in cooker (7)

The winner however, is Aristophanes, with the American Football inspired Wide receiver on slant in Cowboys’ drive (7)

Congratulations to a crowded podium!
Enjoy your prizes, and see you all again no doubt tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-tTEVMFjL8&t=12s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XkHsinz7oU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7qovpFAGrQ
61 of 74  -   Report This Post

geting

18th February 2024, 17:22
Chris, it was a new use of the word for me but a quick google search explained it for me. Geeker then had a similar idea so take pride in the fact that you were first.
62 of 74  -   Report This Post

geting

18th February 2024, 17:25
Mattrom, I hope I didn't get you out of bed too early; I just copied and pasted from the previous week, but I see that the timings have been changed in the other two competitions
63 of 74  -   Report This Post

spikepunk

18th February 2024, 17:29
Nice one, Aristo! Well deserved. Oh, how I wish I'd seen your clue before posting my similar one, which is inferior to yours, by miles. I've got a long way to go.

Thanks, Geting.

Thanks is to Ss, Geeker, Paul, Aristo, and Jimmyg, for the votes. Very much appreciated.
64 of 74  -   Report This Post

buddy

18th February 2024, 17:34
nice one aristo; thanks to geting and the voters.

65 of 74  -   Report This Post

simplesimon

18th February 2024, 17:39
Congratulations Aristo.
Thanks Geting and those who voted for us
66 of 74  -   Report This Post

chrise

18th February 2024, 17:45
congrats aristo and thanks geting
67 of 74  -   Report This Post

tyke51

18th February 2024, 18:55
Well done Aristo - enjoyed the challenge and the clips Geting!
Thanks for the votes - I got your `Cambridge` clue Chrise ... with a bit of help from Mr Chambers!
68 of 74  -   Report This Post

jono

18th February 2024, 19:05
Congrats Aristo and thanks Geting. Thanks for the votes.
I suspected American football would trump a Shakespearean reference to tennis balls ;-)
Cheers all
Ttfn
69 of 74  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

18th February 2024, 19:07
Wow. Thanks for the votes, geeker, spike, buddy, and mattrom, and for the nifty prizes, geting (but no Brokeback Mountain? 🤓). I love Westerns, and the West. We’ve had wonderful trips to west Texas (Big Bend is my favorite national park), Utah, Wyoming (the Bighorns a couple of years ago)… Another planet.

See you all next weekend!
70 of 74  -   Report This Post