CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

simplesimon

1st May 2024, 11:44
JigJag

We were concerned lest you were having sleepless nights re the half egg conundrum. To put your mind at rest, please follow the link below and sweet dreams.

We've been away, but looking back at your earlier cafe posts (3 April), we note you mention Newton and the apple. We live less than 1 mile from where the event purportedly happened in rural Lincolnshire.
Cassie is not wrong (litotes) with her concluding remark. The Litotes comment refers to the latest Clueless - still time for you to enter.

https://youtu.be/oDit9Zagqw4?si=5N7HFWKELTSH1Mex
191 of 214  -   Report This Post

jigjag

2nd May 2024, 14:48
Simplesimon

Thanks for your clip re half-an egg. I should never have thought that someone would go to the trouble of making this video. I must ask Cassie what they did, and I will tell her that one of her fans lives close to the apple tree. I am sure she will be impressed.
192 of 214  -   Report This Post

jigjag

6th May 2024, 16:18
Malone

If you are looking in, you must be delighted that one of your favourite football teams, the Tractor Boys, have been promoted to the Premier League after a long absence.
193 of 214  -   Report This Post

malone

6th May 2024, 19:28
THanks, Jigjag. I must be having a senior moment - those sometimes last weeks - as I can't remember a single thing about the Tractor Boys!
194 of 214  -   Report This Post

jigjag

7th May 2024, 12:18
Malone

Ipswich Town. A couple of years ago, you mentioned that you had little sports knowledge, but you knew a few nicknames. You mentioned the Tractor boys - very impressive.
195 of 214  -   Report This Post

malone

7th May 2024, 14:57
Thanks, Jigjag. My mind retains only necessary information these days, so I probably jettisoned the Tractor Boys stuff immediately after the earlier discussion! I decided to have a little musing spell a minute ago - the only nicknames I could come up with were the Toffees (Everton, I think?) and the Canaries (haven't a clue!).
196 of 214  -   Report This Post

chrise

7th May 2024, 14:59
The Canaries are Norwich, I think.
197 of 214  -   Report This Post

tyke51

7th May 2024, 15:22
Ipswich v Norwich is known as the `Old Farm Derby` !
198 of 214  -   Report This Post

grunger

8th May 2024, 12:42
It has been a good season for Pedants' football teams, Tractor boys, Toffees and Doncaster possible promotion
199 of 214  -   Report This Post

jigjag

8th May 2024, 13:20
I went to the market café today to find out what had happened to the half-egg left over from my previous visit.

“You needn’t have worried” Cassie told me, “Railway Ron came in just after you left. He always complains the omelettes are too small, so he got a half-egg bonus. Of course, I didn’t tell him, or he’d be expecting that every time.”

“I didn’t mention it, but I noticed you charged me more for the two-and-a-half egg omelette than for the 3-egg one.” I replied.

“Yes, that’s for the extra work involved. Paul has got a special gadget. You whisk 3 eggs, pour in the mixture, and it extracts one-sixth. It is a scientific procedure called the Jono Process, I think. Of course, I have to clean it afterwards, so it is a bit of pain, but we like to please valued customers.”

I have decided I should not take advantage of this, and in future I will stick to whole eggs.
200 of 214  -   Report This Post