CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

annie

17th September 2014, 21:31
Is anyone else having troubles when going on to the Crossword Forum with adverts appearing non-stop - how on earth do you stop this happening? Any advice would be much appreciated.
1 of 17  -   Report This Post

rusty

17th September 2014, 21:41
Yes, a blasted nuisance, Annie.
Some folk download Adblock and that appears to be effective.
I am on my phone and dont have any bother.
2 of 17  -   Report This Post

brendan

17th September 2014, 23:29
Hi Annie, I use Adblock, the free version, and it works 100% of the time. I was reluctant at first because I know the site relies on advertising revenue to cover costs but in the end they just became much too annoying.

PS. I've got Windows but I don't think works on iPads however I may be wrong.
3 of 17  -   Report This Post

lmj

18th September 2014, 02:32
Hi all

I have tried Adblock on my Ipad and can't seem to get it to work either? I agree the site needs ads to cover the costs . But these ads are soooo..pesky.

Cheers

Lin
4 of 17  -   Report This Post

tex123

18th September 2014, 11:14
Have now got adblock and no adverts on this site. Still got on some other sites which is strange but this is the most intrusive site for adverts. They were flashing in my face all the time. Dreadful.
5 of 17  -   Report This Post

rosalind

18th September 2014, 12:17
Norah has explained that Ash needs this site to generate revenue, which is fair enough. The advertising people need to know that the flashing adverts just make people sick (literally) or turn off. The last thing they do is encourage sales.
6 of 17  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

18th September 2014, 12:45
I have iPad only, at present, and I look in at the forum, perhaps once an hour in the vain hope there might be something interesting in the way of crosswords and also to check if the flashing ads might have been removed. While I am typing the Listerine ad is obscuring my text.... just closed the box for the second time. And so the flashing continues....sigh :((
At least I am getting jobs done in the garden which is very pleasant
7 of 17  -   Report This Post

eiderjag

18th September 2014, 12:59
I use iPad and have just got into the habit of moving the screen up slightly as the page arrives. Adverts appear but then don't interfere with your typing.
8 of 17  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

18th September 2014, 13:04
I tried that eiderjag. But more often than not I hit the advert in error and it then it takes over the whole screen.
9 of 17  -   Report This Post

doglet

19th September 2014, 09:51
used adblock and at last no adverts
10 of 17  -   Report This Post