CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

elle

20th July 2014, 20:20
Hopefully , Ash / Norah will get back to you soon, Rusty, with a solution.
I've had a lot of problems with adverts on this site, involving a warning from McAfee that the site was insecure. But as I said in my previous post, no ads in sight ( sorry couldn't resist !) today.
It's a puzzle - a nice one - why this has suddenly happened!
11 of 20  -   Report This Post

brackendale

20th July 2014, 20:31
I used to have problems with unwanted advertisements but, since I downloaded “Adblock Plus Options”, the problem now seems to have gone away.

I just looked at their website and found that they have blocked 41,857 advertisements!

That makes me very happy!
12 of 20  -   Report This Post

rusty

20th July 2014, 21:04
Update!
I have just installed Malwarebytes (I hope this is not advertising!) and did a full system scan and it did not find anything untoward.
So far, no more annoying ads, etcetera.
Fingers crossed it will stay that way!
13 of 20  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

21st July 2014, 10:18
Ash assures me that the crossword site is totally secure and users need have no concerns about it being dangerous. He is looking into the problems caused by the pesky adverts and hopes to resolve this issue shortly.
14 of 20  -   Report This Post

rusty

21st July 2014, 19:09
I can no longer access this website from my laptop.
This is from my phone.
On laptop I get messages saying,
"the website you are viewing is trying to close the tab. Do you want to close the tab? Y/N. No matter if I choose yes or no the page closes down.

Also had very annoying ads from Wiliam Hill, Adcash, and a very scantily clad bint in Edinburgh who runs a chatline!
15 of 20  -   Report This Post

elle

21st July 2014, 21:22
I'm still experiencing the reverse side of the coin! NO ADS AT ALL!!! and I'm still using Internet Explorer too! It just happened out of the blue - I didn't do anything recently to eliminate the adverts (do have Adbloc but it 's never got rid of the ads before)
16 of 20  -   Report This Post

lmj

22nd July 2014, 01:21
This problem seems to have been going on a long time. I use google and have no problems that lots of have described. I use an iPad

Cheers Linda

17 of 20  -   Report This Post

chrisg

22nd July 2014, 06:02
I use IE and I have activeX filtering switched on. (Go to the cog (tools) at the top right, click on Safety and then activeX filtering). This stops the majority of "dodgy" links appearing. I don't have any ad blocking software installed.
18 of 20  -   Report This Post

elle

22nd July 2014, 06:58
Thanks for the advice , chrisg. Sounds good, so have done that!
19 of 20  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

22nd July 2014, 07:47
Rusty and anyone else who got messages on screen, please see the new thread I have just posted
20 of 20  -   Report This Post