CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rosalind

25th June 2012, 18:02
...is completely stumped, never mind it's 6 pm, time for Eggheads
61 of 74  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

25th June 2012, 18:11
Hi Rosalind,
It was very silly joke i heard on DIY SOS on telly last Friday.
A kick in the balls will give u a couple of aches or achers or acres. i Know it's childish but i did giggle and wondered if i could work it into a clue. j'me'excuse.
62 of 74  -   Report This Post

rosalind

25th June 2012, 18:21
Well, two people got it, so a good clue.
It's not Eggheads, it's >>>>>> tennis
Bother
63 of 74  -   Report This Post

pastille

25th June 2012, 18:25
Well done bobs mum...rambler should be proud..

...but you really must do some homework...J&S wise.

Lol. P@
64 of 74  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

25th June 2012, 18:50
Rosalind & Pastille,
I have a recollection of my parents listening to a radio program by this name. I'm 50 now (where did that go?)We listened to the radio when eating when i was v little, but have no real hard memories. I was always sent to bed at 6 so was this program after that? Of course television and the Bay City Rollers took over my life after 1979 and the rest is a blur. I will, however, now further my repertoire and seek out this missing part of my life You may look forward to some references ---maybe Thanks bobs mum.
65 of 74  -   Report This Post

chrise

25th June 2012, 18:58
In too late to join in this week, but, concerning Julian and Sandy, I discovered very much later that their slang was accurate - it was known as "polari" (or variant spellings), and was much used by people of Julian and Sandy's ilk.
66 of 74  -   Report This Post

rambler

25th June 2012, 19:38
We've had lots of discussions about polari - jws and pastille are fans. I've actually included polari into clues (with no success).

http://www2.prestel.co.uk/cello/Polari.htm
67 of 74  -   Report This Post

rosalind

25th June 2012, 19:56
I believe the programme was broadcast Sunday lunchtime!! I certainly didn't have a clue what Bona Homes etc was all about, but I enjoyed it anyway.
68 of 74  -   Report This Post

rambler

25th June 2012, 19:58
Peter Cook and Dudley Moore did Derek and Clive.

Do not go further if you are easily offended - it is very filthy.
69 of 74  -   Report This Post

francis

25th June 2012, 20:03
got a computer malware warning when I tried to open your website
70 of 74  -   Report This Post