CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

malone

3rd May 2024, 15:57
The clues...
Requests for help should normally include the clue itself, the number of letters in the answer, and details of any you already have. Any special instructions or additional information, common in Listener puzzles, should also be included.
Hints only, please, no answers.

The theme...
Help towards the theme may also be sought here. 'Gentle nudges' is pretty self-explanatory - the aim is to give a pointer, a little bit of a nudge in the right direction ... enough to help a struggling solver, not so much that it spoils the puzzle for others.
Any posts which, even inadvertently, reveal too much of the theme are likely to be removed.

The Listener is a unique puzzle and should be treated with respect.
1 of 32  -   Report This Post

will37

3rd May 2024, 17:42
That was a very gentle solve. Thanks, Puffin.
2 of 32  -   Report This Post

woodlouse

3rd May 2024, 18:32
Agreed, but a perfectly good introductory Listener
3 of 32  -   Report This Post

simplesimon

3rd May 2024, 18:33
Thanks Puffin, agree nice and gentle.
4 of 32  -   Report This Post

twelvetree

3rd May 2024, 20:52
Now that, Colleague, is how you set a 'solve this crossword and then find things in the grid' puzzle!
5 of 32  -   Report This Post

jack aubrey

3rd May 2024, 21:13
About as perfect a fit for my circumstances as could be. So, many thanks, Puffin. I am setting off at well earlier than sparrow fart tomorrow morning for a flight to Ecuador. So a puzzle gentle enough for me to complete the grid and with a theme that I could readily grasp, despite my otherwise homeopathic relationship to such things, all allowing me to finish and submit before I collapse (albeit briefly) into my pit, was brilliantly calculated. Thanks to Puffin and the Editors for an extraordinary bit of serendipity.
6 of 32  -   Report This Post

rhsl

3rd May 2024, 23:32
Yes, very gentle. But nice and neat and properly constructed. I agree that this should be on the list for a new Listener solver.
7 of 32  -   Report This Post

cypherhouse

4th May 2024, 03:35
Nice and easy this week! Wasn't familiar with the theme, but might have to check it out now. Thanks Puffin!
8 of 32  -   Report This Post

gitto

4th May 2024, 09:08
The grid fill was rather gentle, and identifying the three names was mercifully very quick. Just need to find the two word term now..............
9 of 32  -   Report This Post

gitto

4th May 2024, 09:24
Found it - probably the trickiest part of the whole puzzle!!
10 of 32  -   Report This Post