CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

druh6sm

9th April 2024, 20:25
Disastrous. Complete failure. Zero clues solved despite looking at this the whole day.

1a - Showing directors holding drinking vessel a place for drying out (6,8)

What the heck does this indicate/suggest?
1 of 7  -   Report This Post

rusty

9th April 2024, 20:28
Airing cupboard.
2 of 7  -   Report This Post

simond9x

10th April 2024, 11:26
Showing = Airing (as in displaying)
Directors = board (of a company)

So, those two words 'holding' a drinking vessel (= cup)

Pangakupu isn't the easiest of setters and this one had some tricky clues and tricky solutions.

6a isn't too bad. A 5 letter word for 'pondered', laying off (ie. removing) an abbreviation for 'millions'.

26a is another. Abbreviations for 'years' and 'old' followed by a couple of (different) abbreviations for Kings, meaning an old House (not a building).

16d is an anagram

3 of 7  -   Report This Post

darla

10th April 2024, 15:52
Just to clear up any confusion, simond9x, I believe the Pangakupu puzzle was the next day (today) but the op was inquiring about yesterday's.
4 of 7  -   Report This Post

simond9x

10th April 2024, 15:59
Thanks, Darla. Boy do I feel a chump! I didn’t even check. Airing cupboard felt so ‘recent’ that I just glanced to see what other clues might be considered easy. Ah well, hopefully helps druh with today’s.
5 of 7  -   Report This Post

druh6sm

10th April 2024, 22:06
This is really helpful as I was thinking about starting a discussion about today’s crossword.

I am ashamed to say I have no idea how to access 6a despite your advice.

In 16d, where do the anagram letters come from?
6 of 7  -   Report This Post

jono

10th April 2024, 22:43
6a remove M (millions) from a word for pondered
16d the anagram is made from “is but a” plus the outside letters (shell) of LondoN
7 of 7  -   Report This Post