CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

brendan

18th March 2024, 08:24
5d - You get it when you check in (8,4)

I put Boarding Pass and it came up wrong - apparently the answer is Boarding Card!

I've never heard it called that before, has anyone else?
1 of 7  -   Report This Post

malone

18th March 2024, 08:27
Brendan, Chambers has both - but, like 99% of the population (and most of the airlines), I use 'pass'.
2 of 7  -   Report This Post

brendan

18th March 2024, 08:33
Thanks Malone, I thought I was losing my mind! Never in my entire life have I heard it called anything other than a boarding pass.
3 of 7  -   Report This Post

malone

18th March 2024, 08:47
I think it was probably used more when the boarding 'piece of paper' was actually a piece of card - I remember those! I think they had a perforated bit, that was torn off at the departure gate.
4 of 7  -   Report This Post

brendan

18th March 2024, 08:59
I'm sure you're right Malone and I dare day I overreacted. I'm looking after my friend's dog while he's in hospital but having a devil of a time getting him to eat regular dog food and think I allowed my frustrations to boil over 🤬 I've tried grating extra mature cheddar on top of it, which worked last time I looked after him, but it seems his palette has since become more refined. I ended up giving him a grilled bacon and cheese sandwich and he devoured it but, not being a dog owner, I'm never sure what they can and can't eat... What a pickle I'm in 🫣 Hmmm ... pickles 🤔
5 of 7  -   Report This Post

jono

18th March 2024, 09:27
Avoid too much bread, Brendan. You could cut a few raw vegetables in with the meat, to make it go further. Carrots, broccoli are good (not onions).
Definitely avoid chocolate, nuts and raisins.
Good luck!
6 of 7  -   Report This Post

brendan

18th March 2024, 10:45
Thanks Jono, I'll keep that in mind. I've just returned from giving him his second walk of the day... and it's not even 11 O' Clock!!
7 of 7  -   Report This Post