CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

krauton

17th February 2024, 19:11
I found finding one of the items in the grid was hard work.
1 of 8  -   Report This Post

cockie

17th February 2024, 21:21
Because his surname was rarely (if ever) used. Google got me there though. A fine antidote to the Listener numerical.
2 of 8  -   Report This Post

sloth

18th February 2024, 17:29
I thought there would be more comments on what I found to be a fairly challenging but very enjoyable puzzle. I found the quotation in the extra words gave me the theme after which it all fell onto place. And there's another weekend gone!
3 of 8  -   Report This Post

graham9perkins

18th February 2024, 23:19
Yes, the last item was difficult to find. I was choosing the four letters from 4d until I saw the messages here.
4 of 8  -   Report This Post

getbacktome

19th February 2024, 10:16
Very enjoyable puzzle Skylark, many thanks. I too found the last character difficult to track down. The surface for 33a was very funny and had me chortling.
5 of 8  -   Report This Post

sybila

19th February 2024, 14:56
Totally bamboozled by most of this one! A hint for 1 across might give me a push to persevere. I think it's second letter might be an M?
6 of 8  -   Report This Post

malone

19th February 2024, 15:11
Sybila, I'm more used to the word beginning with an I, but the E version is legitimate. The 'transfixed' is, in a way, iiteral.
7 of 8  -   Report This Post

jack aubrey

19th February 2024, 16:05
Thank you, Skylark; challenging and fun. I was impressed that after following the instructions the grid still contained all real words.
8 of 8  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » IQ 1843