CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

norah (admin)

30th April 2016, 12:04
I have received complaints about a post in which there was a link to the complete answers of a crossword. This is not within the spirit of the Forum so I have deleted the thread and banned the user.

Could I remind everyone NOT to click on any link in the Forum unless you are confident of its source, ie. such as a link from one of the regulars.. Never ever click on a link posted by a stranger, it could contain malware and damage your computer.

Also, please do not supply answers unless specifically requested to do so. Thanks.

Now back to the nice weather, have a good weekend one and all.

1 of 26  -   Report This Post

rambler

30th April 2016, 14:52
That seems very harsh - I would have thought this site needed members rather than ban them, surely a warning would have been enough?
2 of 26  -   Report This Post

norah (admin)

30th April 2016, 15:44
Users had expressed concern about a previous link posted by this particular person. We may need members but we don't want people who cause trouble for other users, particularly if the links aren't valid or contain bugs.

If anyone feels they have been banned without a valid reason, then they can contact me and I will reconsider the decision.

3 of 26  -   Report This Post

trevor

30th April 2016, 16:30
just out of interest, who was it?
4 of 26  -   Report This Post

rambler

30th April 2016, 18:23
So did this person get banned because some people 'expressed concern'? Was the link malicious and contain malware or just offend some who disagreed with it? I must have opened hundreds of links on here without mishap - who is to be trusted to post links?
6 of 26  -   Report This Post

eirlys

30th April 2016, 18:34
The poster's previous link was flagged on my pc by antivirus McAfee so that is why I advised not to attempt to open the previous one. I did not attempt to open the now deleted one. I don't know if Chrisg had an antivirus warning. I did not report to admin, just commented on the thread itself.
7 of 26  -   Report This Post

zozozo

30th April 2016, 18:37
I wasn't one who complained but suspect that those who did we're more concerned about it involving malware - it looked dodgy and there was, as far as I recall, no accompanying text
8 of 26  -   Report This Post

rambler

30th April 2016, 18:42
Perhaps I'm wrong but surely the administrators should have someone qualified to ascertain whether a link is dangerous before banning the poster?
9 of 26  -   Report This Post

trevor

30th April 2016, 18:45
we've been warned about people like you Eirlys, no way i'm cllcking on your link :)
10 of 26  -   Report This Post