CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rich

31st March 2015, 20:25
New to this can anyone help wih clues 80 thinkits toad in the hole number 83 and 96 going round in circles with fish names
1 of 8  -   Report This Post

lady bee

31st March 2015, 20:54
80. Correct

96. Hidden in question

83. four letter fish + 3 letter word for allowed. I think it's another word for a crumpet.
2 of 8  -   Report This Post

rich

31st March 2015, 21:10
Thank you lady bee thought toad in the hole didn't know but it is in batter got 83 with your help it is a crumpet still stuck on 96 thank you so much
3 of 8  -   Report This Post

patriciamarie

31st March 2015, 21:58
This is my first time on the forum and I would be grateful for help on Qu.67 - A Pointless theme? Perhaps, but it's tasty. I have come up with two answers - 1. V?????a I??????m or 2. K?????e S??????h. I am probably way off in both but would appreciate some help? Thanks!
4 of 8  -   Report This Post

lady bee

31st March 2015, 22:05
patricia marie - it's an anagram of 'A Pointless Theme'

96. When I said hidden, it's just there in the question - six letters that run together.

Re 80. A pipa is a kind of toad and if you look at the surrounding letters, it's a famous place + another word in Somerset.
5 of 8  -   Report This Post

patriciamarie

31st March 2015, 22:20
Lady Bee - Thank-you so much. I had anagrammed the words before but came up with nothing! Just tried another anagram site and hey presto - my husband is amazed because he was convinced his answer was correct and I wasn't convinced about either of our answers!!
6 of 8  -   Report This Post

lady bee

31st March 2015, 22:25
You're welcome. How are you doing with the rest of the quiz?
7 of 8  -   Report This Post

patriciamarie

31st March 2015, 22:32
As far as I know I have managed to answer them all and that was the only one I was struggling with. I shall now watch the forum and see if I can help anyone else with an answer. I appreciate your help.
8 of 8  -   Report This Post