CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jolan

27th January 2015, 11:51
Good morning friends. Here are today's clues. Hope you enjoy solving.

Ari! I'm hoping the bad weather is not affecting you.
J

I set clues just for pleasure. I wonder if some of you excellent regulars would like to try a few? Since they're new, no letters!

Please withhold solutions till 5 pm (GMT) to allow others to have a go.

1. It’s so Scottish to facilitate a free reply (3)

2. Line around rook’s beak? (5)

3. Place on board to guide our unoccupied craft (12)

4. Statistical graph of the man, measures thermal insulation and memory (9)

5. The answer is NO! It can assess an action (1,10)
1 of 16  -   Report This Post

ginge

27th January 2015, 12:06
Good afternoon jolan, I trust you're well. Mid binge and I see #s 1 & 4 so far and hopefully will see some light re the other 3 afore the bevvy really kicks in.
2 of 16  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

27th January 2015, 12:49
Good afternoon jolan
At first glance I saw nothing.
Then.......#5 jumped out at me. yippee :)
Will now try for the rest.....
3 of 16  -   Report This Post

jolan

27th January 2015, 12:57
Hi Ginge and Jazzy. Nice to see you both. I'm taking a wee peek before trying to tidy up my study. It's a really daunting task - or as Helen says, "It's like a pigsty". She's quite right (with apologies to the pigs).

Well done Ginge (take it easy on the sauce) and good for you Jazzy on #5. See you much later. J
4 of 16  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

27th January 2015, 13:02
Now have #1 also......
5 of 16  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

27th January 2015, 13:29
and #3

Happy dusting jolan :)
6 of 16  -   Report This Post

trevor

27th January 2015, 13:29
hi jolan, can see 1,2 (i think) and 4. i'm off for a largely liquid lunch not sure when i'll be back. look forward to seeing answers.
7 of 16  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

27th January 2015, 13:39
and #4

still stumped on #2.....
8 of 16  -   Report This Post

jolan

27th January 2015, 14:52
Smokin'! Jazzy

Hi Trevor. Hope that liquid lunch is not with Ginge :)

Don't like to be hearing about lunches as I've just started back on the "5 on/5 off" diet, today being my first day 'off'. The Christmas wassailing and feasting are coming home to roost, or else I'm still a growing lad.
9 of 16  -   Report This Post

ab

27th January 2015, 17:00
Thanks for these gems, Jolan. Very rushed today, but have had a stab.

1. It’s so Scottish to facilitate a free reply- SAE? (“So” in Scots and abbreviation for stamped addressed envelope- which facilitates a free reply) (3)

2. Line around rook’s beak? (5)- TRIER? (Line –Tier around R for rook in chess notation gives trier- a judge or “beak”)

3. Place on board to guide our unoccupied craft (12)- DIRECTORSHIP? (Direct – guide with our unoccupied - or + craft – ship gives directorship – place on board)

4. Statistical graph of the man, measures thermal insulation and memory (9) HISTOGRAM? (Of the man – his, with a measure of thermal insulation – tog and computer memory – RAM gives histogram- a graph)

5. The answer is NO! It can assess an action (1,10)- A PALINDROME? ( It contains one….)

Thanks again.
AB
10 of 16  -   Report This Post