CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jolan

25th November 2014, 11:56
Good morning friends. Trust you are all in good form and hope today's clues prove to be good mental exercise. J

I set clues just for pleasure. I wonder if some of you excellent regulars would like to try a few? Since they're new, no letters!

Please withhold solutions till 5 pm (GMT) to allow others to have a go.

1. Superstitious relations and long-standing union members have picked up tails (3,5,5)

2. Apocalyptical policy is abandoned prior to working for US and Japanese grower (7)

3. Former cooking utensil with dangerous casing blows up (7)

4. A timid person wouldn't express disapproval towards a foolish person (3,3,2,1,5)

5. A queer dialect variant holds the first four together (1,6)
1 of 31  -   Report This Post

rossim

25th November 2014, 12:04
Hi Jolan,
Hope you are well. I'm off to the dentist now but on first glance have got #1.
See you later.
2 of 31  -   Report This Post

ginge

25th November 2014, 13:01
Good afternoon jolan, I trust you're well. Got #s 3 & 4 on reading. Perhaps that suggests I should give sobriety another chance but on second thoughts (à la Morse) a beer might help with the other 3! Just as well my mother wasn't a Quaker and considered "Temperance" as a suitable forename. Hope you're smiling, cheers.
3 of 31  -   Report This Post

trevor

25th November 2014, 13:34
hi jolan, got no's 2, 3 and 4.
i might join you for a tipple if i may Ginge, can sometimes help with cryptics i find.
4 of 31  -   Report This Post

chrise

25th November 2014, 13:42
Hi jolan
Just a quick look before going out for a walk - still lovely here, as itwas for golf this morning.

I have #3 and #4 at first reading.
5 of 31  -   Report This Post

jolan

25th November 2014, 13:52
Hi Rossim (ouch!), ginge (hic!), Trevor and Chrise. Delighted they're 'falling like ninepins' today. The weather here is lovely also. Thinking of going off for a walk by the sea. See you later. J
6 of 31  -   Report This Post

rossim

25th November 2014, 13:53
I'm back with a brighter smile, but poorer!

I've got #3 and #4 now
(but I'm starting to doubt my #1! )
7 of 31  -   Report This Post

chrisg

25th November 2014, 14:00
Hi Jolan - Enjoy your walk. I have all of them except #5.
Will try a walk around the garden to see if that helps!
8 of 31  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

25th November 2014, 14:46
Good afternoon jolan
I didn't dare post until I had at least one clue solved.
Well I have just #1 and #4 but will persevere with the rest. Rain prevents me from doing more leaf-raking in the garden.
9 of 31  -   Report This Post

ginge

25th November 2014, 14:53
It wasn't Heineken but it appears to have done the trick! I'm sure it's your round Trevor, HIC!
10 of 31  -   Report This Post