CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

quixote

24th November 2014, 00:52
Done by 10.00 this evening (Sunday) - that included shopping for and cooking family roast, and watching that Strictly, the Footer, and the scary weird Michael Palin thing - X-files meets Midsummer Murders?
All done in my own head - no cheats, no lookups.
Now sealed ready for mailing, so under my own rules I can come onto this forum.

Main holdup was the last across one that had me foxed all evening til i realised I'd stupidly entered an 'E before I' misspelling in one of the d crossing entries. and the bottom RH d would have had me doing a lookup if I didn't happen to live just down the road.
Funny mix of trivial and difficult setting this week - and some really sloppy clueing in a few cases.
1 of 51  -   Report This Post

bigbadmarty2

24th November 2014, 01:07
Good luck donkey
2 of 51  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

24th November 2014, 11:09
Oh, this is becoming a regular feature I see.
Well, I beat you to it Mr Q : I finished it at 8.20pm on Saturday, beating my own personal best.. I did remember my "I before E " rule. Strangely enough, 49d was the first to fill in, as I also live "just down the road"
Happy Monday crosswordsolvers x
3 of 51  -   Report This Post

susan

24th November 2014, 21:52
I still have three clues to solve and it's Monday! I haven't been shopping, I haven't cooked a roast and I've not watched any telly! I'll plod on with my last three clues (but I might come back for help - it's a Help Forum!) If, by some miracle, I solve my final three clues I promise not to come back to boast about it!
4 of 51  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

24th November 2014, 22:19
i am usually still plodding on on Sundays and often Mondays, Susan :)
I am always happy to help, along with plenty of others here, and I have often received help when I am stuck thanks to the friends on this forum. But I am off to bed right now 💤💤
5 of 51  -   Report This Post

susan

24th November 2014, 22:25
Oh joy!! I've completed the jumbo and there's still a bit of Monday left! I didn't come back to boast, rather - to say it's okay to take as long as it takes and I used a dictionary and a thesaurus and I can still live with myself. Night all!
6 of 51  -   Report This Post

susan

24th November 2014, 22:43
Thanks for nice message Jazzgirl. You've answered a couple of my queries in the past!

I love the Times Jumbo Cryptic and it often keeps me happy for days. I just can't for the life of me work out the point of posting a message on a crossword help forum just to declare that you're SO clever that you don't need any help. Humility is a wonderful thing.
7 of 51  -   Report This Post

susan

24th November 2014, 22:43
Thanks for nice message Jazzgirl. You've answered a couple of my queries in the past!

I love the Times Jumbo Cryptic and it often keeps me happy for days. I just can't for the life of me work out the point of posting a message on a crossword help forum just to declare that you're SO clever that you don't need any help. Humility is a wonderful thing.
8 of 51  -   Report This Post

susan

24th November 2014, 22:44
Whoops!
9 of 51  -   Report This Post

elle

24th November 2014, 23:05
I use a dictionary and a thesaurus too, Susan, when attempting the Jumbo Cryptic and everyone here is always willing to give help when asked.
Sometimes I'm still battling on at the end of the week, but hey, who cares...it's a learning curve and gives great enjoyment getting there!
10 of 51  -   Report This Post