CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

syzygy

31st October 2014, 02:30
We're getting the magazine later and later. Probably held up at the border while inspected for subversive material. Who knows what's hiding in a cryptic puzzle, eh? (-;

November puzzle:

http://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-WQdeO9wXEHaW5VTW1uaFJPY3M/view?usp=sharing

October solution:

http://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-WQdeO9wXEHdlRhcXBGS3k1NFk/view?usp=sharing

For best results, please download, preview, then print.

NB: If you wish to submit your solution, please note that the final date is a typo.
Typically it's the second Friday in a month, so probably November 14.
I'm sure it won't take you that long.

An intern will be severely chastised. Can't paddle the Ed. He won't take the heat, ...
unless he likes it !

1 of 9  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

31st October 2014, 16:10
Thanks, syzzie. A breeze but very nice. Starred attractions: 13 and 20A, 10, 23, 24, and 27D.
2 of 9  -   Report This Post

trevor

31st October 2014, 19:22
thanks syzygy, i found this quite a struggle. i'd put the solutions to 17 and 36A in the wrong way round which didn't help.
3 of 9  -   Report This Post

mattrom

2nd November 2014, 02:01
Thanks, Syzygy, enjoyable puzzle.
4 of 9  -   Report This Post

syzygy

3rd November 2014, 05:11
Bump for those who missed it.
5 of 9  -   Report This Post

ginge

19th November 2014, 10:46
Thanks again syzygy, a good themed puzzle. A bit late getting round to this (quite a bender even by my standards) but I particularly liked 4d and the impressive 10d, very nice.
I notice you've also posted another WSJ, tomorrow possibly as it's almost opening time, cheers.
6 of 9  -   Report This Post

farr

19th November 2014, 19:40
Hi syzgy. I've always wanted to have a crack at the Harpers xword but never found out how to download it.
I see I have missed the deadline for November. If you intend to give us the website for the December issue, could you let me know roughly when I should be looking out for your post. Many thanks.
7 of 9  -   Report This Post

syzygy

20th November 2014, 07:33
@ginge
Glad to see you are back. Was a bit worried. No sign of you for a while. Walk past the pubs. (-;

@farr
Unfortunately, to get an early issue one needs an on-line subscription. I scan the puzzle from our library copy as soon as it arrives (see post #1 re submission date).
Can't predict, but the Dec issue should be delivered on Nov 21th or 25th.
8 of 9  -   Report This Post

farr

20th November 2014, 16:10
Thank you syzygy. I'll keep an eye out for it.
9 of 9  -   Report This Post