CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ionacarr

27th October 2014, 13:02
Has nobody else started on this one yet? I'm having real trouble working out the across 'connections'. Two of them are obvious (the first one and the Greek letters one) but the others?! It almost doesn't matter, as all but one of them (the second) are filled in after all the clues are solved anyway, but it's so annoying.
1 of 23  -   Report This Post

greengage

27th October 2014, 13:33
Second looks to me like sharp-nosed fish that partly completes l/h element and partly starts r/h to make name of bird. Top one is not obvious to me....
2 of 23  -   Report This Post

patch49

27th October 2014, 14:01
Do I have to relocate the down answers before looking for the links in the rows?
3 of 23  -   Report This Post

ionacarr

27th October 2014, 14:06
The top one requires a three-letter word which will both complete the first word and begin the second. That was one of the two I could see!

I get the second one now, but it's just a single letter overlap, which seems incredibly lame. (And the second result is a pole, not a bird, isn't it?)

Yes Patch - trying to work out the across entries before you've done the relocations will get you nowhere.
4 of 23  -   Report This Post

demeter

27th October 2014, 15:18
I'm in the same boat. Just can't see how there can be eight such rows in total.
5 of 23  -   Report This Post

greengage

27th October 2014, 17:13
Yes, pole, sorry; memo to self, check refs before posting
6 of 23  -   Report This Post

unclued

27th October 2014, 17:32
My second row reads DINOSAUR SPECK. The linking word appears to be SAURS which can't be right can it?
7 of 23  -   Report This Post

ionacarr

27th October 2014, 17:38
No, you need to go back to what greengage said originally. But please can someone say how the others work: IDO..., IND..., CRAPS..., RAMI..., MEW...?
8 of 23  -   Report This Post

demeter

27th October 2014, 18:36
In that case, I don't even understand the dinosaur one either
9 of 23  -   Report This Post

kobnut

27th October 2014, 18:51
IDO.... Four letter word followed by nine letter word with one letter in common
IND... Five letter word followed by eight letter word with one letter in common

I haven't got the others
10 of 23  -   Report This Post