CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jolan

30th September 2014, 12:54
So sorry for being late today, friends. Hope today's offering will be entertaining. Happy solving! J

I set clues just for pleasure. I wonder if some of you excellent regulars would like to try a few? Since they're new, no letters!

Please withhold solutions till 5 pm (GMT + 1) to allow others to have a go.

1. Walk unsteadily following second drink (4)

2. Sound of a key criminal (8)

3. Constructor of the US navy’s main Stinger (6)

4. Old campaigner returns little pictures to ten unholy curia fans (6,9)

5. Vedic hymn about US girl with small socially acceptable bead necklace (11)
1 of 34  -   Report This Post

ginge

30th September 2014, 13:23
Good afternoon jolan, I trust you're well. Only see #s 1 & 4 so far but I'll plod away.
2 of 34  -   Report This Post

chrise

30th September 2014, 13:30
Hi jolan
I hope you are well.

Don't see any yet, and I'm cooking this afternoon, so I'll only be popping in from time to time.
3 of 34  -   Report This Post

jolan

30th September 2014, 13:38
Hi! Ginge and Chris. Great to see you both. I too am looking in from time to time. I've finally decided to get a person in to "do" the house. It's beginning to look like a tip. Helen is now unable to cope. She's also a 'hoarder'. I'm not entirely innocent in this field myself. I'm trying to tidy up a little before she comes in tomorrow. She's been here for a recce and seem as though she'll do a good wide-ranging job. First session will be about 6 hours. This is not a surprise. Fingers crossed she will prove to be a "treasure".
4 of 34  -   Report This Post

ginge

30th September 2014, 13:49
Hi again, jolan. I know I don't normally give updates but while I'm here I now have #s 2 & 3 and on previous form I'm assuming #5 is the most devious!
Main reason for coming back on is while I appreciate an initial tidy may be in order I hope you don't end up like one of my ex-colleagues who is 80+, still sprightly and spends longer on a Sunday and Thursday tidying before his help arrives the following days than she does to do what he has already done!
Cheers.
5 of 34  -   Report This Post

chrise

30th September 2014, 14:15
You don't have to be in your eighties to feel the need to tidy up before the cleaning lady comes in!
6 of 34  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

30th September 2014, 14:48
Just saying hello in case I can't get on again (usual trouble). Only see 3 and 5 right off, but will ponder.
7 of 34  -   Report This Post

jolan

30th September 2014, 14:50
Ha, ha! Ginge. Indeed you are correct. I'm just having a go at getting things out of her way. She'll have a hard enough job, ploughing through the accumulation of dust. Good on you, in the solving vein.
And, Chris! I've already reached 'all the sevens' and just changing the bed linen today and turning the mattresses is proving to be exhausting.
I can almost hear Jazzy and the other ladies chuckling!!! WE really are the weaker sex, eh?
8 of 34  -   Report This Post

jolan

30th September 2014, 14:51
Welcome Ari. I can almost hear that pondering from here.
9 of 34  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

30th September 2014, 15:11
hi jolan
My ears are burning :)
I am not chuckling....Turning a mattress (especially a double one) is a nightmare. If you did that without help, you are a marvel.
I cannot solve any of your devious clues today, so will just look forward to seeing the answers later.
I wish you all the best with the "lady that does" .
x
10 of 34  -   Report This Post