CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

norah (admin)

22nd July 2014, 07:56
Ash has asked that users send us a screenshot of any 'peculiar' messages you receive whilst using the Forum. Those mentioned on the 'A bit of topic! Problems' thread included a message saying the site is dangerous and another saying "the website you are viewing is trying to close the tab". It Ash gets a screenshot he is often more able to find the source of the problem. Thanks.
1 of 9  -   Report This Post

rusty

22nd July 2014, 11:29
Norah, so far today, I have had no problems.
I have no idea how to do a screenshot.
Yesterday I had "the website you are viewing is trying to close the tab", many times. It was from "Windows Internet Explorer". I thought it was suspicious?
In the little box at the very top of the screen, (address box?) it had "Adcash", where normally it would say Crossword Help Forum.
On my Android phone, I often get alerts saying, "there are problems with this site's security certificate".
Hope this info is helpful.
I have done a security check on my laptop for bugs etc and it is clean.
2 of 9  -   Report This Post

trevor

22nd July 2014, 11:43
i think Adcash is a virus or pup (possibly unwanted program). no anti malware software is 100% effective, you sometimes need to run 2 or 3 and sometimes you need a more direct approach.
try googling "remove Adcash android".
3 of 9  -   Report This Post

trevor

22nd July 2014, 11:44
...or just "remove Adcash ".
4 of 9  -   Report This Post

rog

22nd July 2014, 11:46
use the print screen key on your keyboard ( top leftish normally next to F12 ) for screenshot then paste into paint.
5 of 9  -   Report This Post

rog

22nd July 2014, 11:47
sorry - print screen is near top right.
6 of 9  -   Report This Post

trevor

22nd July 2014, 11:53
is this the warning?
http://tinyurl.com/qcbkbj7
7 of 9  -   Report This Post

rusty

22nd July 2014, 12:43
That is it, Trevor!
Still getting it today and sending this from my phone.
I would emphasise that it only happens on this site.
8 of 9  -   Report This Post

rusty

22nd July 2014, 13:35
I have followed Trevor's advice (Thanks, Trevor) for debugging Adcash, and it is not in my computer.
I have also followed Chrisg's tip (thank you, Chris) and switched on ActiveX filter.
So far, all is well!
No intrusive pop-ups.
Long may it continue.
9 of 9  -   Report This Post