CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jamoza

21st July 2014, 22:51
Does anyone have any objection to an earlier finish for this week's Clueless, as I am out racing on Wednesday evening, then away to the Lake District early on Thursday morning?

I would suggest that I post the word to be clued first thing Tuesday morning and have a submission deadline of 2pm on Wednesday. Is this ok with the cryptic community?

Richard (jamoza)
1 of 8  -   Report This Post

ginge

21st July 2014, 23:09
Hi jamoza, previous hosts have altered times to fit in with their arrangements so suit yourself as far as iI'm concerned (it has been posted on a Tuesday night several times before now if that would be even easier for you).
When you say racing, Sandown? Horse racing is one of my top 3 vices.
Cheers, ginge.
2 of 8  -   Report This Post

ginge

21st July 2014, 23:13
Apologies, obviously meant Monday night not Tuesday.
3 of 8  -   Report This Post

jamoza

21st July 2014, 23:19
Not horse racing - 'trail running' type racing on my own two feet! I've become a bit of a running nut since taking it up two years ago, at the age of 59. Ran my first marathon just a few days before my 60th birthday. Keeps me off the streets, if nothing else!
4 of 8  -   Report This Post

ginge

21st July 2014, 23:25
Impressive, my "turn of foot" is now normally a responce to shouts of last orders.
5 of 8  -   Report This Post

rosalind

21st July 2014, 23:30
Yes your timing should be fine.
Phew! Well done for the running. Are you much better than you were?

Aha Ginge, racing, drinking and???
6 of 8  -   Report This Post

jamoza

21st July 2014, 23:47
Yes, Rosalind - my best times for certain distances keep improving. For example, my last three (only three actually) half marathons took 2 hours, 9 seconds, then 2 hours 5 seconds, then 1 hour 53 minutes and 23 seconds. My 5k times have gone from 30 minutes plus to a best of 24:22 too. Also getting a bit of a liking for track races (100 metres up to 3k) and 'ultra marathons' - 30 miles plus usually in hilly terrain.
7 of 8  -   Report This Post

busby

22nd July 2014, 00:45
What ever suits you Jamoza re timing.

Very impressed with your "new hobby".

My foot movement is mainly to change the one in my mouth :-)
8 of 8  -   Report This Post