CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pastiche

27th September 2011, 10:42
Which river in England is an anagram of a boy's name and a girl's name and is also the surname he gave himself of a silent film actor, based on the land of his birth?
1 of 10  -   Report This Post

tippy

27th September 2011, 20:18
hello Pastiche..do not wish to start an argy,this is the second poser from Great Fun Quiz that you have posted in the last couple of days.Do not know if you are aware that GREAT BRAIN QUIZ folded after too many peeps posted Qs on quizzing sites against the Quizmasters request. I am sure you would not wish GFQ to suffer the same fate! Kindly desist.Thank you in anticipation.
2 of 10  -   Report This Post

pastille

27th September 2011, 21:05
Hi Tippy,

This seems to be an "ongoing problem".
I was recently "gently reprimanded" for giving an answer, not realising it was from a quiz that still had weeks to run.

People on this site love to help, and don't think to ask details.

Tricky situation.

p@
3 of 10  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

28th September 2011, 00:52
Should we assume that pastiche is a pastille tribute act?
4 of 10  -   Report This Post

pastille

28th September 2011, 00:57
I Think he/she could be...

So wish I had thought of that for my new "log in"

Fab name...

Or is it a pisstake?

p@
5 of 10  -   Report This Post

gina

28th September 2011, 10:30
Oh bother! I've been trying to get the answer for Pastiche on this one and couldn't. Now it seems I'll never know...
6 of 10  -   Report This Post

pastiche

28th September 2011, 11:03
What the hell is going on! I thought that was the purpose of websites such as these, to ask quiz and crossword questions and hopefully get answers!

Anyone agree this is a really tricky question, been researching silent film actors for days but still cannot get a match!
7 of 10  -   Report This Post

whatthe

28th September 2011, 15:58
And the question setter has asked that we don't use these sites to ask questions from his quiz. Please abide by this request. And yes, it is a tricky question.
8 of 10  -   Report This Post

nexus

29th September 2011, 10:01
It's funny how people who post questions from the GFQ or GBQ never mention the name of the quiz in their post. Instead they label them 'Flummoxed!' or 'Mensa Logic' or somesuch. They also never deny the statement 'the quiz setter has requested that entrants don't ask for help on sites like this'. They know they are effectively cheating by ignoring one of the 'rules' of the quiz but hope to get away with it.

If you don't like the rules then don't do the quiz. Don't trot out pathetic excuses like 'I thought that was the purpose of websites such as these'. In the context that statement is totally irrelevant.
9 of 10  -   Report This Post

pastiche

29th September 2011, 11:02
Just like to say thanks for all your help!

I finally got the answer, quite obvious in the end.
10 of 10  -   Report This Post