CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rambler

14th September 2011, 08:36
Good morning everybody. I've started this thread to be used for gossip and invective. IMO if anybody gatecrashes a crossword thread he or she should be directed here to carry on their feuds.
1 of 96  -   Report This Post

chips

14th September 2011, 08:40
Rambler, thanks. I have no gossip or invective at the moment, but I'll know where to come if need be.
2 of 96  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

14th September 2011, 08:57
Hope I am not in trouble for just adding music to another crossword thread. I think everyone should enjoy it :0)
3 of 96  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

14th September 2011, 09:09
Hi, Jazzgirl.

Why not talk about music? Life wouldn't be the same without it. I'm not really into Jazz, but I do have a few CDs by the jazz trumpeter, Wynton Marsalis (think that is the spelling). He also plays classical music, and is a very accomplished musician.

Hope your day is swinging along. Mine has just started, and I am looking forward to doing not very much. I am good at not doing very much, having had years of practice.

Best wishes.

P
4 of 96  -   Report This Post

ajt1

14th September 2011, 10:30
Pipesmoker - have you read "Idle Thoughts of an Idle Fellow" by Jerome K Jerome@
5 of 96  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

14th September 2011, 11:04
What a grest idea rambler. Nothing to say apart from that ATM! ;0)
6 of 96  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

14th September 2011, 11:41
Thanks, AJT. Sounds my sort of book. I will look it up.

P
7 of 96  -   Report This Post

sallyw (aka - the original sallyw)

14th September 2011, 12:52
I don't really know why anyone cwould bother to comment on a thread that they weren't interested in, unless it's done to deliberately provoke. I have posted threads clearly titled Not about Crosswords, and still have had complaints that it's not about crosswords! I have been visiting this site for a very long time, long before I started posting, and one of the things I always liked was the diversity of posts. I don't believe that it should be restricted in any way other than if a post is offensive then it should be removed.
8 of 96  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

14th September 2011, 13:26
AJT1: I've read it. My favorite of his is "Three Men on the Bummel", with the priceless scene: "I have seen it!".
9 of 96  -   Report This Post

ajt1

14th September 2011, 13:31
sallyw - You say that you have always liked the diversity of posts; it doesn't follow that the majority of us shares your opinion. It seems to me that it is the "diverse" threads that cause the most bickering, as well as inane drivel. I was first attracted to the Forum because of intelligent conversation relating to crosswords and wordplay, and now feel driven away because of the downgrading that has happened.
10 of 96  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » Gossip